May 13th is too far away

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
No clue :D

Revenant model is pretty dang sweet!

glussier

glussier

Hey, I got my copy, did you get yours? I didn't have time to install yet, will do so tomorrow morning. ;)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
I figured you were playing it already!

I'm still at work for another 3 hours & god knows how long to download it. I have my revenant pointing at a coworker I really despise. She hasn't said anything yet about it. :D

glussier

glussier

Here's the reason why I didn't install tonight:

Here are some of the more common issues players are experiencing:
•Performance issues (FPS Slow down)
•Unable to start the game
•Frequent game crashes
•Severe multiplayer lag
•Momentary freezing
•Long loading times
•Controls momentarily freezing
•Sound issues

Taken from http://www.gameskinny.com/a8wcv/doom-pc-launch-is-plagued-with-issues . I don't feel like going thru with this **** tonight.

glussier

glussier

At that rate, you'll be good to go tomorrow morning.

I didn't install yet. My neighbour want's me to install windows 10 on his 2 computer + tablet. I think, the way it's going now, i'll install doom this evening. :(

glussier

glussier

I have a close to 200mbit internet connexion, but the update, for the past hour has been downloading at 10mbit. So, I don't know if I'll be playing today or tomorrow.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Ah Doomily goodness

Runs 60 fps on ultra; best to play this game in the dark! I kept wanting to manually save (boo!) and turn on my flashlight!

I figured out how to turn on the overlay thingy but how do you turn on the graphs?

Last edited:
glussier

glussier

I can't play right now, I'm still downloading the update.

Your bench, was it @ 1080p or @ your monitor resolution?

I've installed the game on my Asus gaming laptop. Thought I don't usually install games on my dual xeon E5 workstation, this is what I should have done in the first place. Do you know, if, with steam, it is possible to move a game from 1 computer to another?

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
@1440p; I might have to tweak some settings. Seems every video I've seen the last 2 hours is to set everything to ultra (under 4k) then tweak.

I always do that as well, just navigate to your /steam/steamapps/common directory. Find the Doom folder. Copy it to a flash drive. Copy to other computer in the same Steam location. Fire up steam; it'll probably yell at you that it will have to download all the files again (it may download some files) but it should go pretty quick. Right now I'm copying my doom files to my nas box so I don't have to go through that again.

glussier

glussier

Ok, thanks for the heads-up, as soon as the update is completed, I will move the game to my workstation, I have the same gpu as yours in it.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
So I am in the Foundry level (which I finally died); was running along minding my own business when a message came on explaining about the chainsaw. No weapon animation, no nothing; all of the sudden I had it. Weird. BUT IT'S SWEET! :D

There's a room in there that will drive you batty; took me forever to get through it, but once you know what you need to look for, should be a lot easier.

AND AUTOSAVE NEEDS TO DIE!!!! :mad:

glussier

glussier

I didn't start playing yet, I will start fragging tonight. :D

Some people like autosaves, but they should be optional.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
:D

This is the room I was talking about. Just finished the level; man I am out of shape with this game :(

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Also found one of the doom1 secret areas; they did fix the lighting. Retro music too :D

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
...just between you and me, I am playing I'm too young to die...

WHO SAID THAT??!!

Yeah my KB hand is effed up with carpal tunnel so I keep smashing the wrong keys; thanks Doom/Quake!!!! :mad: :D

Associates