Looks like it's your turn, everyone

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It appears HWC will be upgraded to the latest version of vbulletin this week. Maybe in the next day or 2. Thought you'd like a head's up. I will be doing the front end of the upgrade and I will also be the guy answering requests and questions afterward.

resStealth

resStealth

Diamond Member
Excellent! maybe with a newer better version, we will solve our low logged member problem. IM SMLLING 500 AVERAGE BABY! good luck with your work jpnyc;)

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Cool, maybe it'll fix the :eek: smily, it just doesnt seem to do the job.

Can we keep other smileys though? Not a fan of most vb3 :) or ;) though

krupted

krupted

hmm, i wonder how much different its gonna look- i remember the last upgrade i thought was drastic, but looking back it hardly changed appearance at all.

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
that's good news

I wonder if it will fix the bug where smilies always appear at the end of the post you're creating, even if the cursor is in the middle of the post

wonderinguy34

wonderinguy34

Restless Nocturne
Does that mean I'm gonna have to Log-on again instead of being Auto-logged on???Dang I'm gonna have to try and remember my password again:confused: ,if you don't hear from me for several weeks you'll know why.:D

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Heh in my nice safe way i've the same password for all the forums i use tis easy to remember then.

You could just use the forgot password, unless you dont remember the password for the email you used all those years ago :p

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
Originally posted by krupted
hmm, i wonder how much different its gonna look- i remember the last upgrade i thought was drastic, but looking back it hardly changed appearance at all.
Probably something like this (different colour scheme obviously). The vB interface is definitely an improvement.

Martin_89

Martin_89

not sure i like that with the avitars at the top of each post. im sure ill get used to it.

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
Originally posted by Martin_89
not sure i like that with the avitars at the top of each post. im sure ill get used to it.
tsk, I dunno. No pleasing some people is there? :D

krupted

krupted

Vdr looks good, but i think i have to agree with martin, having the avatars and info on top of posts takes up the precious down-scrolling room. With the higher resolutions most people run nowadays we need more room up and down not on the sides

Last edited:
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
We can put the poster info anywhere ya like. We just figured with the ads on the side, having the stuff up top would be best. But if most of you want it on the side, it'll be on the side.

Martin_89

Martin_89

any more info on when this will be happening now? and how long the forum will be down for?