Lenovo touchpad issue

Pa902

Pa902

My brother has a lenovo laptop running windows 7. When he's working or surfing the computer seems to left click on its own. So if he's working on a word document and the pointer is on the top of the page the computer does a phantom left click and the insertion point moves to where the pointer was. Basically it's left clicking on it's own. I uninstalled the mouse drivers and reinstalled them but it's still doing it. Could this be a virus? We did a virus scan with AVG updated and no result. I really doubt that this is a hardware issue -it rarely is. Any ideas????

A

athi

your brother might be tapping the touchpad inadvertently when he is working on the laptop. just about all touchpads now consider a tap as a left click. check in the touchpad options and see if there is an option to turn the touchpad off when he is typing.

i do the same thing when working on a laptop.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
your brother might be tapping the touchpad inadvertently when he is working on the laptop. just about all touchpads now consider a tap as a left click. check in the touchpad options and see if there is an option to turn the touchpad off when he is typing.

i do the same thing when working on a laptop.
+1 to that; turn that sucker off! :)

Pa902

Pa902

Tried that

I am way ahead of you guys -I thought the exact thing but it wasn't the problem. I called lenovo and the said it was a hardware problem. Before I send it back I'd like to try to fix it -any ideas???? thanks

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

If it is still under warranty, would suggest letting the company do it. If you fiddle with it, they might take the position that you have voided your warranty.

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
it's a long shot but the only thing you could try is removing the battery (and mains power) for 5-10 minutes.

I have read of issues in the past of odd behaviour from touchpads due to static charge buildup in the chassis of the laptop.

Associates