LCD MONITOR error -- "not optimum mode"

L

lhan_estrada

help!
#1
I'm having a problem with my Samtron 94V N LCD monitor.. it's just new and after i just set it up.. i goes through the bios screen but never goes to the desktop. It shows a message "not optimum mode, recommended resolution
1280 X 1024 @ 60Hz". I restarted it and choose the VGA mode option for Windows it shows the desktop but when i change the resolution, it gives the same error. It doesn't go to Safe Mode as well, just the VGA mode. I already tried a known good signal cable, i've used another LCD monitor and it worked fine. I've already install the monitors drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the video drivers. I've got no more options. Can someone help me on this? TNX :confused:
 
dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
#2
it sounds like when Windows loads into normal mode, the resolution and/or refresh rate are too high for the new monitor to display.

Try going into VGA mode and setting the res to something low like 800 *600 @ 60 Hz refresh, then reboot, then you can adjust it to the correct res (1280*1024)
 
L

lhan_estrada

help!
#3
tnx i will try that, i've tried going to the VGA mode and tried to change modes but it had the same problem but i haven't tried to restart it after i changed the resolution and refresh rate. if this fails, what can i do next?
 
jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
#6
Try this:

You can see this message when the
signal from the video card exceeds the
maximum resolution and frequency that
the monitor can properly handle.
Adjust the maximum resolution and
frequency that the monitor can properly
handle.
If the display exceeds SXGA or 75Hz, a
"Not Optimum Mode. Recommended
mode 1280 x 1024 60Hz" message is
displayed. If the display exceeds 85Hz,
the display will work properly but the
"Not Optimum Mode. Recommended
mode 1280 x 1024 60Hz" message
appears for one minute and then
disappears.
Please change to the recommended
mode during this one-minute period.
(The message is displayed again if the system is rebooted.)
 
jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
#7
If nothing else seems to work, boot into safe mode and uninstall your Video card and reboot.

Reinstall the video card drivers and set to 1280 x 1024.
 
L

lhan_estrada

help!
#8
i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the video card but when i set it to the recommended mode, the message goes back.. is it possible that the monitor is busted or really has problems?
 
dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
#9
possible but I doubt it. what resolution and refresh was Windows set at before you installed the new monitor?

also, if you had a driver CD with the monitor, try installing the driver for it in VGA mode.
 
L

lhan_estrada

help!
#10
it was set to 1280 X 1024 @ 60Hz when i installed the monitor.. once the problem starts it gives the same message even when i'm in the bios screen. I've tried another cpu and it gave the same message. i've tried to install the monitor driver in VGA and i got installed but when i change resolution, i gives the error again.
 
L

lhan_estrada

help!
#15
yeah.. i've tried another cpu and it still has the same problem...
i've tried to check the OSD settings while i'm i VGA mode but there's no option to reset the monitor to factory setting.
 
jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
#16
lhan_estrada said:
yeah.. i've tried another cpu and it still has the same problem...
i've tried to check the OSD settings while i'm i VGA mode but there's no option to reset the monitor to factory setting.

Could be the Monitor then.

Depending on where you got it I would recommend getting and RMA (Replacement).
 
H

Herrick

New Member
#18
I'm having the same problem, so I did not want to start a new thread. My monitor's a SAMSUNG 915N-Black Black 19" 8ms LCD.

It's worked fine for a year, but after changing my power source, it worked for a little while. Then I played a game and after exiting the game, I received the Not Optimum Mode message.

The problem is that this message never goes away. When I reboot, it just stays there. Pushing F8 or any other button does nothing. The message stays there forever and ever.

I've checked my connections to the power source and everything looks fine. Plus the monitor worked fine until I played that game...I've played this game & many other games many times with no similar error message. This power supply is a bit stronger than my old one. Any recommendations?

Oh, and I can't try the old power source cause it's dead.

Edit: Sorry for bumping such a prehistoric thread. I guess I saw "2007" 'cause I was so desperate.
 
Last edited:
I

iaf_22

New Member
#19
Herrick said:
It's worked fine for a year, but after changing my power source, it worked for a little while. Then I played a game and after exiting the game, I received the Not Optimum Mode message.

The problem is that this message never goes away. When I reboot, it just stays there. Pushing F8 or any other button does nothing. The message stays there forever and ever.

I've checked my connections to the power source and everything looks fine. Plus the monitor worked fine until I played that game...I've played this game & many other games many times with no similar error message. This power supply is a bit stronger than my old one. Any recommendations?

Oh, and I can't try the old power source cause it's dead.

Edit: Sorry for bumping such a prehistoric thread. I guess I saw "2007" 'cause I was so desperate.
Ok, i had the exact same problem with my Samsung 913N, i have 3 of them for almost 2 years, then i recently bought a triplehead2Go and started to play Flight Sim X on Triple monitors. When exiting the game, ONE of the 3 monitors got that same message wandering around the screen forever...
I tried everything I could, tried all the buttons on the monitor (the power button too), and i finally understaood this is NOT a computer problem since connecting another one of the 913N to that same VGA is giving me the "missing" third of my triple monitors... I already called samsung and had a date for them to come pick the monitor up for a change...

BUT... the day after i came out with a solution !! :)

i wanted to try the monitor on the comp of my dad see if its working there (he too was already on 1280*1024*60Hz), no problem in bios, but then a black (total black screen, no message !) when undernwindows...
i just did a reboot of the computer ... and HERE IT IS ! Working !!!

So why would it show to me that annoying message not optimum mode when on my computer....

Things are like that : I finally understood that whenever this annoying message appears again. a RESET of the monitor is required...
BUT pressing the power button of the monitor off and on won't help.
You have to completely remove all power from inside the monitor... so
the solution is (and it work everytime it happened to me.. whichi is 2 times for now) :
COMPLETELY UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE OF THE MONITOR and replug it
...
And the magic is back :)
Hope this works for you too.. (let me know?) i too was desperate before the solution cames up :)


nb: I subscribe to this forum just to post my solution, cause i googled it a lot too in a hope to find a solution and found lots ppl with same problem but nobody came out with a concrete solution.
 
Last edited:
H

Herrick

New Member
#20
iaf_22 said:
Ok, i had the exact same problem with my Samsung 913N, i have 3 of them for almost 2 years, then i recently bought a triplehead2Go and started to play Flight Sim X on Triple monitors. When exiting the game, ONE of the 3 monitors got that same message wandering around the screen forever...
I tried everything I could, tried all the buttons on the monitor (the power button too), and i finally understaood this is NOT a computer problem since connecting another one of the 913N to that same VGA is giving me the "missing" third of my triple monitors... I already called samsung and had a date for them to come pick the monitor up for a change...

BUT... the day after i came out with a solution !! :)

i wanted to try the monitor on the comp of my dad see if its working there (he too was already on 1280*1024*60Hz), no problem in bios, but then a black (total black screen, no message !) when undernwindows...
i just did a reboot of the computer ... and HERE IT IS ! Working !!!

So why would it show to me that annoying message not optimum mode when on my computer....

Things are like that : I finally understood that whenever this annoying message appears again. a RESET of the monitor is required...
BUT pressing the power button of the monitor off and on won't help.
You have to completely remove all power from inside the monitor... so
the solution is (and it work everytime it happened to me.. whichi is 2 times for now) :
COMPLETELY UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE OF THE MONITOR and replug it
...
And the magic is back :)
Hope this works for you too.. (let me know?) i too was desperate before the solution cames up :)


nb: I subscribe to this forum just to post my solution, cause i googled it a lot too in a hope to find a solution and found lots ppl with same problem but nobody came out with a concrete solution.
It worked. Too bad I already bought another monitor, and it's too late to return it :( I wish this was addressed in the manual or in the online manual. I don't remember seeing this solution there, and this is the first time I saw anyone mention your solution. I can't beieve the solution was so simple! Well, thanks a lot for your help.
 

Associates