Laser TV unveiled

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Soon-to-be-listed Australian company Arasor International and its US partner Novalux unveiled what they claimed to be the world's first laser television in Sydney today, with a pitch that it would be half the price, twice as good, and use a quarter of the electricity of conventional plasma and LCD TVs.

Article HERE

krupted

krupted

its amazing to me how much power we are using that isnt necessary. if laser tv's are a quarter draw of lcd's, what are they compared to what everyone has now (crt's)? like 5% the power draw? it seems these screen will use less power when on then most tv's do when they are in sleep mode.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
krupted said:
its amazing to me how much power we are using that isnt necessary. if laser tv's are a quarter draw of lcd's, what are they compared to what everyone has now (crt's)? like 5% the power draw? it seems these screen will use less power when on then most tv's do when they are in sleep mode.

I am ready for the future. :D

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

I thought you weren't supposed to look at lasers? Maybe these will do corrective eye surgery with extended viewing. :D

chetmichaels

chetmichaels

Peon in training
so...you watch tv and get better vision and play on the comp and get worser vision. the great equalizer woohoo haha

kaulbach

kaulbach

Mostly Harmless
Contrary to popular belief this is not the first laser television (as has been stated in various places now)

http://www.photonicsonline.com/content/news/article.asp?DocID={EA2E56F4-057C-11D4-8C30-009027DE0829}&Bucket=&Featured=&VNETCOOKIE=NO

Associates