Laptop service manuals link

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Great find.

No luck on my old Gateway Solo 9100 though. I will download a couple of manuels and see if they are similar.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I seem to have a problem.

The rar files I download will not unzip with Winzip.

I donwloaded unrar and WinRar.

WinRar prompts for a second part of the file. I can not get the files uncompressed to view them.

Should I trust this site?

glussier

glussier

Originally posted by Leoslocks

WinRar prompts for a second part of the file. I can not get the files uncompressed to view them.

I'm not sure. I downloaded the file for the thinkpad ti40-41 and 42 and I can't unzip the file.

Andy_83

Andy_83

Powered by AMD
Brilliant! Thanks for the link, that's useful because i'm going to be dismantling my T21 within the next few days to try and sort out the intermittent screen problem. The last laptop I dismantled ended up being a write off...

Andy_83

Andy_83

Powered by AMD
Originally posted by Leoslocks

Yep, they seem to be multipart RAR files. Just download both parts (they're on separate pages, link just above the download link), make sure they're in the same dir, and use winRAR to extract the PDF.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
I didn't have a lot of time to check out the files when I found them, and I was at work with an old slow laptop, but I ran two of them through an anti-virus scan before I posted the link.
Leoslocks, no luck with a file for my Gateway Solo 3150 either. Let me know if any come close to yours.

And lastly, since I've just accumulated two no-display laptops from yard sales, does anyone have any experience in diagnosing the causes of the no-display faults. I know it can be the inverter powering the display or the cold-cathode (correct?) backlight. I've been wondering if there are ways to check for output at each stage if you had it apart. Along the same lines, can you get an output at the external monitor initially, or do you have let it boot completely and switch the external monitor on via software?
I plan on doing some tests with a couple of my old working laptops, just haven't got there yet.
Dignosing problems is so much more diffcult in a laptop than with a desktop.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Originally posted by Andy_83
Yep, they seem to be multipart RAR files. Just download both parts (they're on separate pages, link just above the download link), make sure they're in the same dir, and use winRAR to extract the PDF.
I tried one with only Part 1 available, and got the error msg. but when I looked 7-Zip had indeed extracted it.

Highly recommend 7-Zip. It's totally free, and easier to use than WinZip and WinRar. The latest version just came out today. Download it here.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I looked for part 2 of the file and couldn't find it.

I downloaded 7 Zip and it coughs up an error while extracting, "File is Broken"

The extracted pdf tries to open but produces another error. "The file is broken and can not be repaired."

As we are looking for different files, a link to your part 2 would not help but a more discript pointer to your location might help.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Originally posted by DanceMan
Leoslocks, what version of Acrobat Reader are you using?

Perhpas that is the issue. I don's feel like downloading 19 meg on dialup.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Leoslocks, I finally figured it out.

Acrobat saw the file as broken because part was missing. The file decompression program will reassemble the parts into one when all parts are present when you extract.
The primary problem is the confusing arrangement of the files on the website. I was making the same mistake you likely did. I downloaded by clicking on the "To download the file, please click here !" line. It will then download the file shown in orange on the "multipart" line in File Information section above. The number 0 above will produce Part 1 in the downloaded file name. Number 1 will produce a file name with part 2, etc. To get the other parts you must go back and click on the next multipart number to highlight it, then on the download line to start the download.
Hope that's understandable. Onec you get it figured out, it works.

By the way, there is an earlier page than the notebook page I linked. It contains links to manuals for printers and a few servers and desktops. In among those are a couple of other notebooks.

Last edited:
Martin_89

Martin_89

wooo, the T21 manual is there.

andy, no need for the manual just take screws out and pull on stuff. thats the way i learned. the things built like a tank doesnt break :D

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Thanks DanceMan, I am getting the part 2's now.

There are quite a lot of manuals for all kinds of appliances there. This could be quite the find!

3cwired_com

I saw a few of these on ebay, and wanted to know where to get the ones I saw on ebay?

S

SonyGuy

Viao HDD replacement

Has anybody done a HDD replacement in a VGN T150? I'm a newb and trying to gather as much info as possible before I begin this venture.

Thks!