Just ordered Audigy 2 ZS Platiunum!

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

I just ordered the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum!
It has a sell of 30 dollars and a rebate of 100! Incredible deal! Ive always dreamed of getting a sound card with one of those neat front panel things! And I finally got one! Without having to sacrifice a lot of money either!
I already posted a thread about the deal but here is the link! :D
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

I wonder how big the difference will be. Currently using some 20 dollar envy24 sound card.

Justintime

Justintime

LOL nice, well.. look at it this way, i could'nt bear my soundblaster live cards sound after i got my first Audigy, currently have an Audigy, Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS.. i completly hate most onboard audio apart from my NF7-S Soundstorm, i reckon with even crappy speakers most people will hear a quality difference, especially in the highs and voice clarity etc.. The only other card i respect at this time in comparision to my Audigy 2 ZS is my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, even now that card rocks.

krupted

krupted

soundstorm and santa cruz to me are low-end solution after experiencing a montego ddl. theres no comparison, soundstorm sounds like tin cans after knowing what a good soundcard sounds like.

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

Dang! Im happy I got off the cruddy onboard sound (Or equivalent) Seeing how big of a difference you guys are saying it makes.

Another reason I got this card is in games like Oblivion that eat your processor up. Sound was dragging me down heavily. And the Audigy 2 ZS will take a load of stress off my processor.
So even if for some odd reason I dont see a difference in sound, I will see one in performance.

Justintime

Justintime

krupted said:
soundstorm and santa cruz to me are low-end solution after experiencing a montego ddl. theres no comparison, soundstorm sounds like tin cans after knowing what a good soundcard sounds like.

I've got that Montego, while i agree its great its not mind blowingly different :p Thats the one i chose for my Pentium M rig for TV and to my Amps though. But i'd still compare the Santa Cruz to my audigys, the Montego is prolly the best.

krupted

krupted

nice. better then what i got easily. i remember soundstorm had pretty bad low-to-mid range seperation. im surprised you found it to be ok...

Justintime

Justintime

I prolly never played those on my Vegas, mostly a small TEAC 2.1 speaker setup, might try it one day on my NF7-S. However, i DO find the Santa Cruz to be a wee bit lacking in the low frequency to be honest.

krupted

krupted

it is coming from my ears. i never really realized until i had some decent low-end gear.

anyway from reviews ive seen the audigy 2 zs, montego ddl, and the m-audio revo are all pretty similar in sound quality. im sure the difference between the three are minimal, but for sure they are a big step above cruz/soundstorm/live!

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

Its already here!

And for gods sake if you dont have an equivalent or greater card..BUY THIS NOW! I was suprised at how great it sounded. I got my rear speakers loud enough to be head (Finally :D) and I also had effects making it sound like a movie theater.

And Ive also got good laughs from other things on it. I was cracking up when I made everyone in oblivion sound posessed!

Who cares for platinum! Unless you really need the front bay thing, buy the normal one!

Associates