Just bought a Philips 37pf9731 and I need your comments...

mrdogcat

mrdogcat

...just to make sure I've done the right thing.

I've been reading up on TVs posting on a number of forums (inc. this one) for nearly half a year now and I finally bought the Philips 37PF973/1D on Sunday!!!

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=KAVDAKJNOCLLTJ0RMRCSHQFHKFSESI5P

I just want you all to tell me what you think about the 37PF973/1D model just so I know I've definitely made the right decision and couldn't have got better for my money.

It cost me £2200, with a free 20PF5320 TV thrown in for the kitchen and 24 months interest free credit.

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=KAVDAKJNOCLLTJ0RMRCSHQFHKFSESI5P

I wanted a full 1080p res TV which is one of the reasons I bought it, not to mention the specs looked good to me.

A bit of a back-to-front way of doing it but there you go. Let me know what you think.

Thanks very much for your help everyone.

Last edited:
ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Wish I could tell you one way or the other, but it sure looks like a sweet ride to me! Hook your console up to and start gaming already!

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Yea, I think you need to tell us how the experience is going. Especially the parts about when you are watching a show or sporting event. Give us the good, the bad and the ugly. Hope it is all good.

W

weirdo

I've seen that TV with HDTV and the quality is...well...ummm...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Enjoy it!

P.S. - Hope ya got a nice Home theater sound system for it too! My 50" Sony Wega LCD was sweet and then I hooked up a nice home theater sound to it and it just made it 10x better :)

B

busandave

Well what can I tell you :eek: I just bought an LG 37" with all the bells and whistles that yours has and then some ( a built in 200G HD and pvr ) no I did not get an extra 20" but the cost is less then half. I paid 1,109 pounds for mine and it is awsome!!! sorry I wrote this then thought after talking to my wife I made you feel bad . by the way the model is the Xcanvas 37LBB2DRA

Last edited:
W

weirdo

If ya'll don't know about it - avsfourm.com is a great place for info and tweaks.

Associates