JR Mediacenter & HT Omega Claro (Krupted!)

T

Thurston

Krupted (or anyone else who may have a suggestion)-

I am running JR Media Center 12 (www.jrmediacenter.com) on my XP machine and use a HT Omega Claro Sound card that outputs through the digital coax output to my receiver and also throught the analogue Front R/L jack to my computer speakers.

I'd like to be able to use the Zones feature in JRMC to direct audio to either the digital or analogue outputs, depending on the zone selected.

The sound card soesn't allow (as far as I can tell) for 5.1 to be sent via DTS or Dolby through the digital output at the same time as analogue. Is there any way that you know of to switch outputs without opening the HT Omega Control window and manually selecting/deselecting the switch with the mouse?

krupted

krupted

im sure a rocket scientist could write up a quick software program to suit your needs, but if i were you i would just split the regular r/l output from your soundcard to your computer speakers and reciever. and if you think you can hear a difference on the reciever, just flip the output to digital coax when you want to watch a movie or whatever.

T

Thurston

I thought you were a rocket scientist?!
The problem is that the digital coax carries surround sound to my living room receiver which I need for watching movies. Otherwise I would do as you suggested. Thanks for replying.

By the way, I originally heard about both JRMediacenter and the sound card from your posts (this is why I thought you might be able to help). After some more research I purchased both and am very happy with them. Thanks for the advice.

krupted

krupted

just flip the output to digital coax when you want to watch a movie or whatever.
what i ment by this was flip over to coax only when you watch movies... all other times the sound will work on both pc speakers and 2.1 receiver too. still an inconvenience, but a small one.

Associates