Join here for voodoo3 and v2

R

Rwc

join here who own of voodoo3 and voodoo2 so we can talk each other about to help each other to improve v3 or v2 when anyone own have problem.
Let us not worry about tnt2 talk against v3 .
Ok thank smile

R

Rwc

Thank Splatt
Here try on http://www.bluesnews.com/.There some of good patch for voodoo3.

N

Ncaputo

Hey RWC, dont you mean
http://www.bluesnews.com/[img]

[img]http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/smile.gif

------------------
Nick Caputo
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Ncaputo (edited 05-26-99).]

[This message has been edited by Ncaputo (edited 05-26-99).]

D

Draelik

Splatt, where do you find these neat, little tricks? And are they universal or particular to certain sites? Just curious.

L

lavajumper

yeah, where do you find the cool stuff to use on this site? they're pretty sweet. thanks for any leads. later lava ;-j

rh71

rh71

LuRkeR ExtRaoRdinaiRe
Just wondering who the best is to BUY FROM. I've looked at pricewatch sites and local retail sites. Where'd you all get your Voodoo3 (3000 AGP is what I want) and for how much?

Thanks for any ideas.

G

g13

Hey rh71 I originally bought the V3 3k from Best Buy for $179. I only bought it there to test it out and see if I liked it. I liked it. I returned it to Best Buy and went to an on-line vendor called Micro X-press that's located in my area. Instead of ordering on-line, I went there and bought it for ~$20 cheaper for an OEM. They gave me a retail boxed V3 anyway. Very cool.

Since this is a V3 post I thought I would ask--my V3 is clocked at default 166. I previously had it clocked to 175 but couldn't notice a difference. For anyone who has oc'd the V3, are you able to tell a difference? I've only played it LAN so I've never had 16+ people in the game at once.

U

unique

Have you tryed to test it with quake and looked at the frme rates you get there??

Have you tryed higer that 175Mhz ??? Maybe 200Mhz :) What cooling are you using on your Voodoo 3000 ?? Non or som big big fans with nitrogen tubes and so....

O

Overclock9

I have my V3 at 183 runs cool, and yes you notice a difference when you have it at higher clock speeds, make sure you have the Vsync disabled. All I'm using on my V3 is a little 486 fan that I screwed on the heatsink.

N

neg

I would very much like to know how I can get more than 10.7fps in Quake2 Crusher Timedemo.

R.
Mads

S

Splatt

I haven't really noticed any difference while o/cing it yet, but that's ok

oh - btw - as someone was asking about the inserst and stuff, I know it works on some boards in general, because it is basically html stuff, but to find out how to do something, just edit their message
You can't actually submit any changes to it, but you can see what was typed, then use it yourself...

Good luck ..

[This message has been edited by Splatt (edited 05-28-99).]

R

Rwc

Hello all everyone .Seem that nice for us to talking about voodoo to help each other.

Rh71, I bought voodoo3 3000 cost 150 dollars from www.buysoftware.com.
So you can check it out.

I have little time to read .
I will post some later this late eveing cuz there few thing i need arrange to do.
Thank smile

Todd a

Todd a

NEG what system do you have (CPU/memory/graphics)?

I have a K6-2 350 with 66Mhz memory. Before I got my Voodoo3 (just using my old 4Meg PCI card) I had to run 320x240 to get 16.4 in crusher. With the 3DNow patch from AMD I got 20.7.

I dropped in a Voodoo3 2000 and run Q2 at 1024x768 with 31.6 fps in crusher, 45.3 in massive1 and 55.3 in demo1 (at that resolution I got 5.9 fps with 3DNow). Thats a 535% increase in speed. You would beleave how slow it ran on my Cyrix MII PR200.

If you don't use a graphics accelerator you are missing out. Not only does it boost the speed, it also adds a lot of graphics features like multitexturing, dithering, dinamic lighting, fog maps... that drastically improve the appearance of the game. Q2 looks totally differant.

R

Rwc

Zakar that good you got 157 dollars better than store retail 179.99 plus tax .
I live in arlington,texas local sale tax 8.25 I think that too much ,so anyone order v3 from online more save money than buy store but if you buy from store that reason good for 30 days if you not happy.

rh71

rh71

LuRkeR ExtRaoRdinaiRe
Hey Zakar... $157, no tax and free shipping for the 3000 retail is exactly what they're offering it for at http://www.virtual-world.com

Is that where you got it from? I've been trying to find out more about that online dealer but only found 2 people who posted about them on http://www.resellerratings.com

They're also selling the OEM version for $144. By the way, I'm going to go for the OEM version - do you guys think it's worth it to go for the 3000 instead of the 2000... $40 difference... I'm upgrading from a regular 2MB video card so is it worth going for the 3000 and the TV out?

-rh71

R

Rwc

I current have v3 3000 and it run on my system look great no problem.
So depend on your system but when you get it that it should be fine with your system ut will you specific your system.
Mine is p2 350 64 ram pc100 gigabyte 6bxe 440bx mb.
Thank