I've about had it with mole!

S

sin2

More time that you Rich?

That's a bold statement to make infront of THE Toolbox. Well I am on here quite a bit also. That's what I get for accepting a boring job.

rangeral

rangeral

Our Friend
well mole has become the underdog and i like underdogs.
sometimes it happens to me i get sort of peeved but what the hell shit happens and it don't happen all the time.
so let hwc figure it out it could be just a tech glitch who knows.

------------------
HOCKEY RULES!

J

Jeffy79

I appologize for attackng rich back as he had to much to drink and I was defending myself
. Anyways mole has helped me out too and yes he is a good dude, I just dont let little things go sometimes. I should let it go but I have a problem with letting things go, just the way I am and always will be.

Mole ill let stuff go but please try to delete anything with anti anything stuff. Unless its sarcaism, Also mole ill let the posts things go and im wipeing a clean slate, there done

jeff

------------------
"Thats my story and im stickin to it!"

Join the Seti and Software activelists.

Seti:67506635
Software:67505789

[This message has been edited by Jeffy79 (edited 03-14-2000).]

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
There is no mistake on my part!!! I posted, and I read it in the thread afterwards (I always read them through after, and then decide whether to edit them or not), and it is now gone. Did you read it Jeffy? I wish I hadn't gone back to the thread, because it would be in my cache, but I did, and thats when I found it was missing. I also posted one when I got back from having been gone a while, and read that, and came back, and it too was gone. This would have been around mid January, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that that one and this last, up and dissappeared!!! The most notable other one, was a thread posted by another, in which I politely answered a question. I checked back, as I often do, about 3 to 5 days later, and that entire thread was gone! I even checked back 30 days, and no sign of it!!! I have seen other instances, and I cannot remember what the question was, but I know that in fact all three of the aforementioned items dissappeared from the CPU forum. If it was you, what might you think?

------------------
You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think! Slack and be free....study the wisdom of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs at www.subgenius.com/pam1/pamphlet.html

J

Jeffy79

Which thread was that? OEM vs Retail cpu's? Which thread?

Jeff

------------------

G

Goffenheimer

Jeffy seems to love conflict. He slips that AMD is better than intel stuff in almost every post he does and then calls everyone that owns an intel bias. Jeffy, if intel beat AMD in every benchmark out and was cheaper, would you buy one? Honestly, don't you feel like you would be giving into "the man"? I don't think you would buy one.

File in the blank.

Jeffy would not buy an Intel because he is ________________.

What word did you put Jeffy?

------------------

-Goff

B

Blastman

I posted a reply to a thread about 2 months ago and the original thread got wiped out completely. My reply ended up as the new post and under number of “Replies” … my handle “Blastman” appeared. So, strange things have happened in the past.

D

Deanril

2 CENTS.............

This forum,s program HAS f$#%ed up in the past,messeges gone,then appearing,it was about a year ago,maybe its the same bug?

I know exactly how it feels to be mad with a moderator(collinj for instance)but I think once you have let it all out like in this thread,you can try and start over with the person(as I did with my good buddy collinj).

A kindof clean slate if you will?But you may by all means keep that watchful eye out.

After saying that ,I strongly believe MOLE should be left alone ,and let him do his job.

And I think I was here around oct 98 MOLE!!

Infact I know I was,so there..............

D

Deanril

Now Im mad at MOLE!!!!

I did a search it appears it was feb of 99 for me,damn MOLE!!

[This message has been edited by Deanril (edited 03-14-2000).]

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing on our end....

Thanks...

------------------
Michael Jarmark
http://www.internet.com

D

Deanril

Well mjarmark
it just happened again over here, http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/Forum2/HTML/005843.html

I posted there twice an hour ago and now mine and about 10 other posts are missing,not to be rude but,if you guys are ok then where are the posts going?If you do the math,you will see there is not physicaly 105 posts there(proof).

BTW where are "you guys"the HWC forum server,do you have an office or what,im kinda curious......

[This message has been edited by Deanril (edited 03-15-2000).]

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
So it's not just me!!! I told you all, I know what I know, and I know what happened, and now it comes out! There is a problem somewhere, and I'd appreciate if someone will look into it. I know you all try, and appreciate that.

------------------
You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think! Slack and be free....study the wisdom of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs at www.subgenius.com/pam1/pamphlet.html

T

Tiberia

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade - but I have had posts disappear too.
I have got to the stage where I dump what I type into my clipboard to re-post if it doesn't appear.

What I get is this:

1. I post a reply, its says "Thank you for your posting..." and takes me to the thread - nothing has changed. I don't cache anything on my browser and don't have a proxy server. Sometimes it then appears in about 5 mins - sometimes it don't - or the server is slow, I don't know...I checked my TCP/IP conversation with "iptrace -a -b" and it all looks ok to me, SYN, ACK and FINs in all the right places.

2. I post a reply and hit "submit" and it hangs...at the same time I can happily surf and post away in another windows on the same site, and post away...Thats actually the server or connection, becuase I never get any reply back, my machine waits for an ACK.

3. I post a reply, it says (almost immediately) "Thank you...", jumps to the page and my post is there. I often jump to another thread to see if anything has happened - I once jumped to the SAME thread by mistake and my post (which was there not 60 secs ago) is gone. There is no way a moderator rm'ed my post that fast unless he was on a random deleting spree.

I think there is a bug - possibly when someone else is posting just as I the page I just posted to is being loaded. But I dont know how UBB is made, so I shouldn't really be saying anything

------------------
// Black Holes are where God divided by zero //

[This message has been edited by Tiberia (edited 03-15-2000).]

N

NiteOwl

Originally posted by Tiberia:

1. I post a reply, its says "Thank you for your posting..." and takes me to the thread - nothing has changed. I don't cache anything on my browser and don't have a proxy server. Sometimes it then appears in about 5 mins - sometimes it don't - or the server is slow, I don't know...I checked my TCP/IP conversation with "iptrace -a -b" and it all looks ok to me, SYN, ACK and FINs in all the right places.
I noticed a phenomenon where a post does not appear until someone else post in the same thread ... that might explain this one.

J

Jeffy79

Why doesnt HWC get rid of old data, 39000+ posts are there somewhere. I suggest delete the 2 month old posts and beyond then we wont see these errors. Need me to fix this up?
))).

Jeff

------------------

Associates