Is there any device?

V

vijaykarthik123

Hey guys is there any device available which must be compatible for

playing both Audio & video from hard disk drive that too very handy.

e.g. We got SONY vaio pocket music player which comes with a feature of

playin audio & images alone. Wherein we cannot play video files. Is

there any device available for playing both audio & video files in VCD

format,DVD format etc.

V

vijaykarthik123

TY so much. But is that possible 2 have a PDA included with the device? i.e having a handheld capable of playing d role of both PDA & video player!

edhe62

edhe62

Is This what you're looking for?

Or, you could buy a less expensive PDA and install This Software (or something similar) on it. I hadn't noticed that you had a budget until reading your earlier post and the suggestion above is quite a bit more expensive.

Happy Hunting :D

Last edited:
grover

grover

Ex pert
I use PocketDivxEncoder to re-encode multimedia files to divx or xvid, which I can port to my Treo 600 (Palm OS). It has a bunch of different canned formats, and is pretty user friendly, and free! I use mmplayer to play the video, which is nice :) The demo is free, but it costs like $15 or $20 to register. This something like what you're trying to do?

When you're compressed small enough to fit onto a PDA, the movies end up only being about 100mb/hour (or more if your pda has a higher res screen) which makes gb SD cards a very reasonable choice. I can easily fit a movie on my 256mb card with enough room left over for a couple albums, another half hour or hour-long TV show and all my other data.

Last edited: