Is there any car simulator (real simulator) for pc?

YankeeMan

YankeeMan

for example that you drive normal as in a city, and where you have to drive a manual car, and shift up or down properly, or the car will stop the engine (just as in real life).

is there anything similar?

thanks

krupted

krupted

i want one too. i had previously found one that was supposed to be like that, but the graphics were horrible, and it wasnt much of a simulaton at all.

i think right now the closest your gonna get is nfs:underground 2. that has real looking cities with real looking road signs at least

Last edited:
dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
Midtown Madness 2, but it's pretty dated now, and quite arcade-y feeling. Good fun though.

krupted

krupted

quite arcady?! that game made crazy taxi seem like a simulation:D i never found a wheel to be at all pleasing with midtown madness, though the game itself is alright if you are going for the quick action

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
NFSU, and NFSU 2 are both awesome games and have fantastic graphics.

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Otherwise, if you want a great driving sim, you'll have to buy a PS2, and get a copy of Gran Turismo 4. I got a slim line PS2 recently, and the only game I own for it is GT4 - it's worth it. :D

W

Worktruck

A Shogun named Marcus
I would have figured you would have said Forza Motorsport for the x-box.

scutzi128

scutzi128

Philly Sports Freak
Force is the best racing sim I have ever played I think its atleast twice as good as gt4 and I own both.

YankeeMan

YankeeMan

i really dislike when you guys go in another direction... i specificlly asked for a simulation car game.... real simulation...

MidTown Madness 1 or 2 aint a simulator...

you cant stop your engine if you dont properly release your clutch and accelerate (as in real life), it has no directional light (as when you turn left or right).

it aint have a fuel meter at all, you cant flat your tire, etc, etc, etc

Martin_89

Martin_89

ive recently been playing GTR Demo, its on a track, the game has 2 cars, a ferarri 360 and a saleen (i think) you have to start your engine, you can switch the engine off, handling feels good, u can turn TCS, ABS and all the aids off, low or high. the car wont start if you crash it too much, and the best bit is the sounds, the cars sound amazing.

you can get the demo from HERE

scutzi128

scutzi128

Philly Sports Freak
Why would you wnat a real simulator, just go out and drive for yourself if you want to experience that. They don't make one cause it would be boring and no one would buy it.

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Originally posted by YankeeMan
i really dislike when you guys go in another direction... i specificlly asked for a simulation car game.... real simulation...

you cant stop your engine if you dont properly release your clutch and accelerate (as in real life), it has no directional light (as when you turn left or right).

it aint have a fuel meter at all, you cant flat your tire, etc, etc, etc
I don't think there are many in existence - certainly no mainstream ones I can think of. The ones that would exist probably only pop up in driving schools, and are likely to be tailored into a bespoke driving wheel and pedals.:(

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
Originally posted by YankeeMan

hey, we were only trying to help

the simple fact is that there isn't a game which exactly matches your criteria

Associates