is there any ati software to get rid of any former ati driver files

R

royal

at the moment i have version ati driver files 3.2,so i would like to put in version 3.6.
is there any ati software i can get rid of the version 3.2,before i load the 3.6 driver files?
also where do i download the 3.6 ati driver files?
my games are stuttering at the moment,and i put it down to the 3.2 files.
i have the 9600 pro ati card.
hope someone can help me.thanks.
amd cpu 2600 333fsb
win98se
512 crucial 3200
431 enermax psu
santa cruz s/c

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The best place to start is the source. ATI Faqs

I am putting together an Ati carded system for video editing. It looks like the latest drivers ar 3.9's? At least for W2k.

[EDIT] I looked at the install instructions but they do not cover any issues that might crop up. I would uninstall the current drivers via add/remove programs, reboot. . . close out of the Add New Hardware wizard without installing any drivers. Unzip the downloaded version and run the install from there or update the video card driver from device manager and point to the downloaded version.

Last edited:
wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
From Cat 3.8 and up, there is a tool that installs automatically with the drivers (look for it in the Add/Remove Programs applet). It completely removes all ATi software. The only downside is is that if you're running ATi's Multimedia Center, it gets rid of that as well. The tool is thorough though. There isn't a trace of the software left after running it! So say, you want to run an older driver version than Cat 3.8. You could uninstall your current driver version, then install the 3.8's or 3.9's, then use the included removal tool to clean your system. Then install your driver of choice.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Finally found it also.

Direct link to Cat uninstaller Here
CATALYST - ATI Maintenance Utilities
ATI provides optional utilities for users that need advanced system management. These tools are recommended for advanced users.

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
Is this the same one that comes integrated in the Cat 3.8 and later? If this file is the standard Cat uninstaller, then there will still be registry entries left behind. It's worth a try though.

R

royal

9600pro

thanks for the advice chaps,i will try what you advised,i am downloading the 3.8 drivers,then will install them.
then will uninstall the old ones,and reinstall the new ones.
will let you know if it helps.

Associates