Is that me... or Revenant saved games eat LOTS of MB?

S

Secrom

Senior Dismember
Hi there.
Just got Revenant, at a bargain.
Nice game actually.
There is one thing though:
Every time I quit the game, I notice my disk space has dropped like hell.
I have played twice recently, and lost approx 200 MB.
Apparently, it is due to saved games. Although Win reports the save folder takes 25 MB, I tried once to move the files to another partition. Guess what? It took in all 400 Megs.
I cannot figure out why...
Now I am almost scared to play, it eats HD like candy.
Could it be a virus?

J

jeff_w

Is your swap file set to a permanent size? It could be Windows expanding the swap file for that game.

S

Secrom

Senior Dismember
Thanks for the answer jeff.
I also thought that there could be a mess with the swap files. However, the stuff when moving the saved games could mean it's another prob.
I'll check anyway...
BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, but swap files sizes can only be set on C:, right? Revenant in on E: ...

fx

fx

Havn't played that game in a while but I think it might be data stored in the game's cache. I remember hating the gaming for its frequent loading.

B

Bronto

Hiyas
To answer the Swap only on C drive. Noticed the Swap file goes where Windows is installed.
Also Swap Optimizer programs sometimes put SWP on any drive. Even away from where windows is installed. Optimizer programs Bench mark the HDDs to see what one is faster, put the SWP file there.
Bronto

J

jeff_w

Oops. I should have thought of that, thanks fx.

Alot of games (I've never played Revenant) cache the files from the CD to the game directory. If you look you may even see a 'cache' directory. As you progress further, more and more files will be copied from the CD. This speeds up the game since you're not waiting for the CD.

There may be a setting to change so you can set your cache size. I know in Baldur's Gate you needed at least 400MB for multiplayer!