is it possible to over clock

M

morphious

i just bought a new mobo and it dont got jumpers and in the bios it doesn't ask for the cpu speed so i was wondering if it was possible to over clock it if so how would i do it

W

Wookiee

What board are you using? What processor? Hell, just list your whole system specs so we'll know what it can do.

M

morphious

i have a amd k6-2 350
64mb ram
voodoo3
sound blaster live x-gamer
8.5 gb hard drive
i'm not sure what the mobo is it dosn't say it on the box or in the manual, on the box it says redfox and thats it

Donovan

Donovan

no manual either? the only thing i can think of is it must be a completely self detecting system, but still, doesn't sound right..

M

morphious

no in the manual it says you have to switch the multiplurs manually does this maen the cpu speed and if i put that to a 450 withh i have better performince also is there a program that over clocks cpus like they have for the voodoo3 and the geforce and many other vid cards is it possible

S

SkrUboL

Does the manual have jumper settings? I don't believe motherboards can detect the default speed of K6-2's. If you find out how to change the multiplier, try it at 400. I doubt you'll have much luck, but it's worth a shot.

------------------
MooOoo!