• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Justintime

Justintime

To breathe life back into the forums will be a very tough task imo. It saddens me as this was the first hardware forum i took seriously and i know what it once was.. Even though i wish the best, being realistic i don't think it will ever see the days of glory it once did as choices by certain folks ran off the original commited core members who were here from the beginning, getting new blood this late in the game is nigh on impossible. I am also a member of forums that see more traffic and posts in an hour than this forum did in the last 10yrs :(

whutsupdoc

whutsupdoc

Master of my Domain
which forums are you apart of that has that much traffic and participation??

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Ratt - I'm not trying to be "cynical."

You're the person that said there's a difference between an OT fourm that counts the posts and those that don't... Now you seem to also agree that post counts don't mean anything.

Net Results - the HWC Lounge that's been here for over five years hasn't made a difference.

If you have any other ideas on how to increase the traffic - post away. I'm sure the new admin that'll be here someday will be all ears.

The good news is that I know for a fact that HWC isn't on any list to be shut down. It's here to stay...

Ratt

Ratt

Ratt...

what are some of these very active website that u frequent?? I'd like to check them out, especially if they offer Terminal Server networking help... as I have difficulties with that platform, considering I'm not an IT person, but a small biz guy running my little company, I need to save cash and do my own networking.
Honestly, I post here if I have any computer problems. It's just that I don't face problems nor issues with my computers on a frequent basis. :) Anyway, I don't think it's appropriate for me to link to other forums in this particular thread.

Why not post here? I'm sure the members here could help if they can.

However, if you are wondering who's hot, who's cold, who's down and who's out:

UTSE: big boards message boards statistics

Yup. Even HWC is in the list. Have a look also at the forums Glussier suggested.

To breathe life back into the forums will be a very tough task imo. It saddens me as this was the first hardware forum i took seriously and i know what it once was.. Even though i wish the best, being realistic i don't think it will ever see the days of glory it once did as choices by certain folks ran off the original commited core members who were here from the beginning, getting new blood this late in the game is nigh on impossible. I am also a member of forums that see more traffic and posts in an hour than this forum did in the last 10yrs :(
I feel the same way too but even a mighty oak starts from an acorn. I'm sure that the remaining members here would make a good core for the next 10 years.

Never say never... just like the song by Justin Bieber. They played it too many times on the radio I think I'm beginning to like it. HELP!!! :eek:

You're the person that said there's a difference between an OT fourm that counts the posts and those that don't... Now you seem to also agree that post counts don't mean anything.

Net Results - the HWC Lounge that's been here for over five years hasn't made a difference.
The difference is that I don't think that our opinions represents the majority of what the old members and potential members want.

Like I suggested, lets start again from the beginning, as it was once, 11 years ago. Nurture and guide it to become a friendly helpful and fun place to talk and hang out. That was what brought me here in the first place.

Ratt

Ratt

The good news is that I know for a fact that HWC isn't on any list to be shut down. It's here to stay...
Sorry, I didn't pay much attention to this earlier.

That's definitely good news. I don't want the shareholders to go after the Big Boss too... :D

T

tarez

Wow hopped in here after a year for no good reason other than feeling nostalgic. If any old friends ever read this, drop me a PM with an email address and I will eventually drop you a line!

Flash

Flash

FWIW....
HWC it the very first fourm I ever registered on.
Through the years, I registed on some other tech forms but I keep comming back here due to it's mature attitude and longevity.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
FWIW....
HWC it the very first fourm I ever registered on.
Through the years, I registed on some other tech forms but I keep comming back here due to it's mature attitude and longevity.
Same here.

Ratt

Ratt

Same here.

The current activity at HWC reminds me of a joke.

Three hermits move into a cave together and for the first seven years they don’t speak to each other. Then one morning a horse runs by the mouth of the cave. Seven years later the first hermit says, ‘That was a pretty white horse that ran by.’ Seven more years go by and the second hermit says, ‘That horse wasn’t white, it was black.’ Yet another seven years go by and the third hermit starts packing his bags. The other two look at him and he says, ‘If all you two are going to do is argue, then I’m leaving.’
:p

D

dmm

Linda's verbal backstop
Wow it really has slowed down here. Do most of the HWC old timers still check in or is pretty much everyone gone?

Hey Huge, I see you are still building yourself some insane desktop's :)

Dave

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
It's down for the count until i flash my boot drive ssd; been a busy week :( TGIF!

Nice to see you again! :)

Ratt

Ratt

Nice to read posts from old members here.

Huge, are you in any way affected by the Occupy Wall St. movement? Take care and be careful out there.

Maybe they should start one here too... ;)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
No I live uptown & work in mid-town; if they ever try to picket outside of JPMorgain, then i'll see them in person! :eek:

P

pugh1971

Was one of the first 2 places I registered at. And also Anandtech. I became more active over there though.

nodnod

nodnod

Dismember
We need to have the admins let us get away with big argument threads and then there would be traffic again. Once the admins got too stiff that was the end

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
The admins didn't get too stiff. The members got to child like:p

You can do all the arguing you want as long its kept civil.

Associates