Integrated Graphics on Intel 855GM Chipset

M

Matt3d1

Just curious if anyone knows how well the integrated graphics with this chipset works, and what it would compare closest to (ie. one of the lower mobile radeons, or a Savage S3). Secondly how much memory can be allocated to the graphics with this chipset, I've tried looking around but can't find any information regarding the amount of memory (specifically I am looking at the Fujitsu S6120).

Thanks,

Matt

Todd a

Todd a

They are faster than most integrated graphics except for teh nForce 1 and 2 boards and possible a few obscure ATI based ones. It will beat SiS and VIA's integrated solutions by about 50% so far (maybe VIA KM400 will do better). The nForce2 runs about 2-3 times faster and it only performs slightly below a GeForce4 MX440. The GeForce4 MX 440 likely performs at the level of the GeForce2 GTS. A card 2-3 times slower than that puts you in the ball park on a TNT2 M64 with 8MB SDRAM or possibly up into the standard TNT2 with 16MB SDRAM (no TNT2 Ultra with 32MB SDRAM here). That is SAD to say the least. Likely it is also DX7 too. as it likely has no transformation and lighting engine, pixel shaders, or vertex shaders in hardware. It likely has crappy DVD playback assistance (if any).

Most SMA can allocate up to 64MB. Intel's old i810 could only do something like 12 though.

M

Matt3d1

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a laptop similar to size and price to the Fujitsu S6120 but without the integrated video?

Thanks,

Matt