Input from a HWC official, please.....

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
I think they may need to do a "spring clean" on the BBS as it is definately a fault that wasn't there when I first joined HWC or after the IP address change a while back, although we did have a session of it before the IP change

D

danny889

hmmmm 4:02 PM in Australian time
my posts don't show up until I post again either, can anyone explain this?

jjr512

jjr512

Are you guys, the people having this problem, all using IE5? Because there is a known gug in IE5 that ignores some no-cache commands by web documents. The problem you mention is known to the people that make UBB.

------------------
If it's not broke, you're not trying hard enough.
Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
JJR512's Message Boards

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
Well I'm using IE5 and that's a possibility, but that doesn't explain why it wasn't like this before, I'm still using the same IE version and I haven't updated it. It doesn't happen all the time, and it just appeared to get much worse recently although saying that it hasn't been as bad the last couple of days. Go figure???

Also when it does this I don't tend to see the "we are returning you to the topic" Message. That is either corrupted or missing

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 06-02-2000).]

Netscape may not suffer from the same problem, but IE 5 doesn't explain why it's worse some weeks ?

R

Richard R.

I just posted and then edited, each time went right in. Using IE5. Have never had a problem.