If you intend to buy a Geforce card please read:-

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
Firstly I'm not trying to put you off the card, as it is currently the fatest card,(in DDR form), you can buy, but for those that are not aware yet there are some motherboards that will not work with the geforce. There are some that can be modifyed to use it and there are problems with the Athlon boards an power supplies. and many other issues. Even if you are not getting the Creative version most of the faq will apply.

This FAQ is an independant help file that is updated frequently by the author Christopher Hill and includes many tips and info for successfull gaming with a geforce.

Please read it so you know before you buy whether a $300 card may end up costing you more to get it working with your current hardware, espicially the instability section.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/christopher.hill/faq.html

Regards BladeRunner

S

slave

Blade I read somewhere that your Geforce is your systems bottleneck.
You also said it probally would be better with more memory.
Have you looked at the quatro! Its X-pensive, but it has 64 mg of sdram (not DDR though) It is not intended for game play, but I would imagine it would play better than a Geforce!
You may not like all of the features and its probally smarter just to wait for something better to come around, Mabey the Voodoo5?

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
Slave

I was being a smartarse really
what I meant by that was, although the Geforce is the fastest card at the moment, I need a faster one to catch the CPU up.

The card you mention is really a business card that doesn't perform as good as a 32mb DDR in some games site benchmarking I saw.

A 64mb DDR card would be good but I'm hoping the Voodoo 5 6000 is good as I still yearn for glide.

BladeRunner

p.s. have you got Asus yet???

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 02-09-2000).]

S

slave

Its comming!
any day now (tommorow if im lucky day after if im not!)
I ordered it yesterday but oreder had to wait to today to get through!

S

slave

Nooooooooooooooo

Its delayed a If im lucky It will be here for when I get back from the weekend, but it may arrive next week!

Associates