If you have a SB Live read this....

S

SEPR8TR

My roomate cleared my config.sys for some odd reason please cut and paste your config.sys here so i can get the right emm386 lines

Would this cause this to make my mic not work?

S

smooth_1

I just install a SB Live! Value Card....
There's really not much to the config.sys but here it is if you need it...

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\IFSHLP.SYS

....btw--I'm running Win98 (probably irrelevant though)

F

FlyingPig

ummmmm excuse me for I am a poor ignorant win95 user but why would you want all that stuff in your config.sys..mine (and I would be bold as to say most peoples) does not exists.

Unless you are doing some fancy stuff with old software or dos there really is no need for your config.sys as windows 95/98 handles all that.

Is your microphone not working at all or is it just very very weak.

sorry to but in but I don't think it would have anyhting to do with your config.sys

happy new year

L

laa777

The reason for the autoexec.bat and config.sys is so that you can reboot into dos mode and these drivers will have already been loaded. This is extremely helpful for the SBLIVE in dos emulation as well as having a CD-ROM in dos mode.

F

FlyingPig

point well taken however to get around this problem consider the following

copy the MS DOS PROMPT icon on the desktop and alter its properties
under the properties tab select advanced
in the advanced program settings select MS-DOS Mode and Specify new MD-DOS configuration.
In the top "window" cut and paste your config.sys
in the bottom window cut and paste your autoexec.bat
you can treat these as independant config.sys and autoexec.bat and put any settings in here you like. click Ok then rename the icon real dos or whatever you want. When you double click on this icon you will boot out of win 95 completely and into DOS 7 with your specific settings.

The advantage of this is you have no 16 bit drivers running during your normal win 95 and when you do want DOS you get the cleanest dos you can.

I have found this resolves a lot of problem with dos based games etc...

JMO

(just my opinion)

L

laa777

I don't use DOS mode at all, therefore I don't use the autoexec or config. I think Creative Labs did this for end users that no nothing more than clicking on Start and then Programs in the start menu.

Associates