I Need To Copy Games... Not For Piracy™

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I went to the store today and got a little crazy... I bought a lot of games to play.

Now, I want to make backup copies of the CD's. I did the usual and copied all the files into my hard drive first and then burned them onto a CD-R. Now when I tried playing the game, the computer kept propmting me to insert the CD. The burnt CD was in... and when I stuck in the original CD, it worked fine.

I'm assuming there is some kind of anti-copy file on the disc that doesn't allow me to make backup's. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

How do I remedy the problem. Is there software that I can use to copy a disc EXACTLY?

My devices are as follows:

Plextor UltraPlex 32
Plextor UltraPlex 40 Max
Plextor PlexWriter 12/4/32
Seagate Cheetah 9.1

The software I use for burning is Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.02D.

Anyone?

------------------
It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer

D

DrunkN_MastR

Although I haven't used it yet, I heard CloneCD is supposed to be able to make exact duplicates, even copyrights

F

flavor flavio

Toolbox - I drove that Xterra 3000 miles across the country with a friend through mountains, desert, etc. Did fantastic. I found a couple off-road opportunities, but really didn't want to waste TOO much time.

We had a Playstation and T.V. hooked up in the back for whoever wasn't driving.

A

aug1516

Didnt your Plextor drives come with any software, of they did you should ahve a program called CD Dupe I thinl, that should make an exact copy of any cd. If you dont have it then try clone cd.

fx

fx

Tool, you are lucky glussier is not around, he would have locked this thread long ago. I remember posting bout MotoX Madness 2 and he locked my thread.......NOT FAIR !!!!!!!!

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
akmodi,

I'll let you know if I need further help on this.

DrunkN_MastR,

I'll try downloading CloneCD and see how it does.

Flavio,

I can't tell you how much I like that car. Since the new Land Cruiser is out of my range, I'm praying that Nissan Philippines will strat importing the Xterra.

aug1516,

I have DiscDupe but I've only tried it once and I got a buffer underrun. Haven't tried it since. Maybe it's because I was trying to copy directly from a CD at 12X? I'll try again.

fx,

I'm not sure if this is an illegal question? I'll leave it here a while and see what glussier says before I close it myself or he shuts it down.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

K

Kuzia

Making personal back-up copies of games is perfectly legal. As long as you own the original CD.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
I was concerned initially, but so far, so good. Just keep it legal guys; that's all I ask.

Ugh 12:30am; time sure flies...

S

smurfy

Um. I may be missing something here but is glussier a moderator of this forum?

he has made his opinion on what is or is not legal on this topic clear and as huge says, there is nothing wrong here.

rangeral

rangeral

Our Friend
well i can see this is going to be fun. its mid afternoon and the sun is blazing the mods are holstering there colt 45's, who's got the sun behind there back.

actually if the feds haven't closed it down by now then it must be a legitimate site.

P

Proceed

I don't wanna sound like a ass but...Toolbox game makers put a hidden track that you cant see with any software and cannot be copied...so when you burn it you think that you have copied all the files but the hidden track wasn't copied...the game dosen't see the hidden track and dosen't wanna work... I have defeated this a few times.....most of the time CDRWIN can see and copy the hidden track........but not all the time... NERO also works good.....hope this helps

ToolBox I remember when you had like 1000 posts and it was a landmark that was like more than a year ago......dammm you got alot of posts...

peace

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I'm going to try Nero... if it doesn't work then it doesn't matter... I'll just use the original CD's.