I need a new cpu cooler

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Hi folks,

My H100 from corsair sounds like it's going to explode; fans are revving up way too high, even watching youtube vids (and my cpu is not overclocked at the moment). Rather than wait for it to die, was wondering what good air coolers are available, and what TIMs you would recommend. Thanks.

Shinma

Shinma

For $2.00 more, you can get the Noctua cooler with 120mm fan: Noctua NH-U12S
More variety of 120mm fans, compared to 92mm fans, if replacement/upgrade is desired/required.
The included thermal paste should be more than sufficient.

glussier

glussier

Sounds like the pump is making all this noise. As for cleanliness we've seen worst than yours. :)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Thanks. :) It's weird; it'll be fine for hours then start making a whole lot of noise, then it's fine again. This thing is loud @ 3AM.

(sorry my cat was in the way! :D)

glussier

glussier

I have a cat too, but he's not allowed in my office space. Note that it could also be one of the fans making this noise, have you looked for a fan problem?

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
It was just rattling again about a half hour ago; took the fans and rad apart last week and reassembled them. No luck

Just don't want to come home one night after midnight to find the thing burst and leaked coolant over everything.

And you should let your cat go anywhere it wants. ;)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Does the cat have a name?

Cooler Master GeminII M4, CORSAIR Hydro Series H50 120mm, ZALMAN FX100 whew...back on topic; don't want this thread to disappear.

Associates