I have a dilemna

R

RAMmyBUS

Right now I have a geforce2 MX. I am really unpleased with this card. I just got about $170 for christmas and am trying to decide what card I should get.
1) Voodoo5 $170
2) Radeon DDR $150 or so
3) KYRO 64 mb $140

The voodoo5 is what i used to have and liked it very much. I just find myself questioning whether or not I should buy it what with the current situation. The radeon is good I hear, I just need some verification that I would see a performance/image quality boost. The kyro, I just threw in for the hell of it, since this 64 mb version is only $140. Im nervous about buying it because of support and compatability tho. Any opinions?
-ram

------------------
Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
Unless you just want to be early all the time..

R

Ruffian

The KYRO is already out?

I think I would get the Radeon, if nothing else, because you know they wont go out of business.

------------------
If the alarm clock woke you up this morning, you didn't get enough
sleep.

A

arbntmare

aren't you forgetting the geforce 2 ddr?? for about 150 bucks.. but i would go for the radeon since u can get it for around 120 or so.. after 30 bucks coupon from buy.com...

my .02 worth

------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

M

mx-6*

I'd keep the MX and wait about 2-3 months for the Radeon64 or something else to get down to 150-175.

The reason is that you aren't making a major upgrade with any of those cards and will be right back at it again in a few months anyway.

The MX is great as far as I can tell and I am running it on a K6-3+. Not a T-bird and it still does well in any of my games.

------------------
Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!!

M

malaka

Originally posted by arbntmare:
aren't you forgetting the geforce 2 ddr?? for about 150 bucks.. but i would go for the radeon since u can get it for around 120 or so.. after 30 bucks coupon from buy.com...

my .02 worth

Where'd you get that coupon? I just scoured through their site and couldn't find anything about it, and I plan on buying a Radeon soon.

------------------
goto www.etherphyte.com