I.E. 5

J

jeffgordon24

The other day I opened internet exploder and it brought up this error message and I clicked ok and it knocked me offline. I finally got it to not do that and it said page invalid so I refreshed the page and it said that again. I tried about 20 of my favorites and it kept giving me that error. It works fine on my other browsers just not internet exploder. It just started doing this the other day and nothing has been installed or uninstalled from my system so I know that has nothing to do with it. It did work twice the other day but then went back to not loading anything. The only reason why it's such a big problem is because I surf the web alot and go to alot of places that require and password and it's hard remembering every password I have on the net. In internet exploder it remembered them for me so I didn't have to. I don't want to reinstall windows98 nor will I. I've done that way to many times already. Is there a way to fix this other than reinstalling? Better yet how would I go about deleting just exploder 5 itself and using one I installed from a website other than Microsoft? It's still exploder 5 just from somewhere else. I tried deleting everything related to exploder several months ago and tried installing the one I'm wanting to use but it wouldn't do it because the one I'm wanting to use is not the most current but when I install it I'll have the updates to make it the most current version as the one installed already. There's no internet exploder in add/remove programs either I already looked there, so how would I go about uninstalling the one on here? It has uninstall but it's disabled for some reason. I guess Microsoft set it up that way.

V

Vertigo_1

I got another strange error myself that only recently happened, almost like a time bug if you ask me...but now everytime I exit Outlook Express 5 it gives me a error box...something wrong with it and some file called Kernel or something? Never happened when I first downloaded IE5 when it first came out...only now it starts happening. Not even a format and reinstall could fix it...

M

Mr. Fart

Hey you guys try going into windows update and see the updates that they have. IE5 has a tendency to mess up in win98 so see if there are any other updates for it. All these new browsers have many errors to get fixed so they should have some sort of updates by now. Also try going to microsoft.com

M

Miless

jeff,to uninstall i.e.5 start the reinstalling process of i.e.5,at the start it will give you the option to reinstall your old system or to proceed with i.e.5.If your old system is still there then it will unistall i.e.5 automaticly.Good luck

J

jeffgordon24

No updates, already checked before I posted. It won't let me uninstall or reinstall. Looked in windows update folder where it put all the files to install, it's missing the setup and uninstall files, as well most of everything else. Can't uninstall from windows update site either. Says javascript void. Oh well looks like I'm stuck with it. Also reinstall windows last night and still doesn't work.

Associates