I believe something must be done about Mole...

S

sin2

It was about killing in other in under 3 minutes. Anything more and you'll have to make out with each other.

D

diablovision

Jeffy himself will tell you that he and I don't really get along. I don't despise the guy, but he regularly annoys me. I am not opposed to Mole because I feel that I am somehow sticking up for Jeffy. That needn't be done, and is almost an impossible task at times.

I too blew off early complaints against Mole, giving the guy some credit up front. But over the course of a matter of weeks, he has systematically destroyed every shred of respect I ever held for him.

I cannot condone Jeffy's actions, but context or not, Mole's comments were offensive and completely unnecessary. It was derrogatory, disgusting, and vulgar. There is absolutely no reason in my mind to have a moderator that has such a horrible lack of self control as Mole.

D

Deanril

OK,OK I read the j79 post about the DURON,and I wil have to agree that MOLE was out of hand there.

But I have noticed only 1 thing he gets these complaints(and out of hand )only when jeffry provokes him or shows up.I believe its jeffry racism that sets him off.

I suggest we give MOLE another chance and BAN JEFFRY at the server/firewall.

R

Rogue Gunman

Rich,

That is not the one I am refering to. All that remains of the thread in question can be found here. It is self explanitory.

Since the subject of that "other thread" has come up though, I will say that I was not the first to threaten violence. I simply told the one who did what the result would be if he wanted to play with fire. If mole had been doing his job, he would have deleted that thread long before any this took place. He was watching, and possibly even enjoying himself, so he did nothing.

[This message has been edited by Rogue Gunman (edited 05-05-2000).]

L

Lord DreadWrath

Obviously Mole has had past dealings with Jeffy and has a strong dislike towrds him. It's clear to me that Mole was provoking him in that thread. This is totally unacceptable for ANYONE to behave as a Moderator. I believe anyone deserves a second chance but it sounds like this has been happening for a while so I would can his ass as Moderator. Letting him get away with that is like saying it's ok for Cops to severely beat people while arresting them. People with any kind of authority should NEVER be allowed to abuse it in any way. Those stupid threads shouldn't even still be in there as I and others think they are highly offensive.

Jeffy I have nothing personal against you but if I were moderator i'd ban you for life. There's no place for racist garbage like that ANYWHERE.

J

J79

Sorry to say but I said your race and can I say one thing. This could mean anything and anyone! Hell german, american, french, english, australian, anyone.. I didnt say a specific race, and saying your race has small dicks is not racist! How is that actually racist? How? I mean I didnt say his exact race, I said race. Its like saying.. That race down south are morons. I am saying race, I could say my race has small dicks. It is not racist look up what is racist.

Deanril,

Your the one to talk! You got deleted twice from this forum, from HWC not this forum. HA! You also used to flame people, including me back last spring you did. You know you did. Also dude its funny, your double standard shit is hilarious. Your double standard stuff is, basically the same. You said cut the shit but you are doing it now and have done it in the past.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by J79 (edited 05-05-2000).]

D

Deanril

I expected a little more from you Jeffry.

Why not post a new thread here or in cpu complaining about Deanril,then you can have your revenge,for my nice big BOLD statement.

Come on,lets do it,hey Im black,you got some names for me,come on jeffry,i know you do.

L

LaoChe

Hummm, looking back that was just a wild thread. But someone did delete it in the long run (grant it the thread ran long as hell), and I'm assuming it was Mole that was the one responsible for deleting it.

It is VERY well known here that Rogue and I don't get along but I can back Rogue up on his story that Mole DID delete only his posts in the particular thread he was talking about. I expected an answer from Mole why he only deleted his posts in that thread and he DID provide an answer in a separate thread. I still believe he should have given a warning before doing it but he did have a good reason although I don't think Rogue believes it was.

J

J79

I also appologise if anyone misunderstood what I was saying by saying "your race has small dicks". This was not said to be racist, if you understood me then i appoligize for that. It was not meant to offend anyone, if you want racist im not saying it!

Jeff

L

LaoChe

J79, you make a BAD politician. You know exactly what you meant when you were referring to HIS race. Don't try to back pedal now, it is TOO late.

R

Rich

Ummm Jeffy... if that wasnt intended to be racest.. please explain who has small dicks?

Would that happen to be hay farmers?

Rich

------------------
Done.
Press any key to continue . . .

S

sin2

Oh and Jeffy,

Yea we "understood" you very well. If this was your first bleep, then it's cool. But judging your past post about that "race" eating dogs and the ICQ messages, I have to call it as I see it.

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
Perhaps HWC should look into finding a Moderator for 4 of the 5 forums that Mole currently looks after? Not necisarrily for the sake of this current argument, but for convenience sake and because it's the practical thing to do. It's hard to expect one person to be able to look after 5 forums at once, especially busy ones such as the CPU, Motherboard and Video Card forums. Possibly even consider a co-mod for those positions.

W

wetling

See my Sig
This is ridiculous, taking sides and aruging about who said what is not going to help the situation or prevent it from happening again. We a code of conduct or something. A list that clearly states what members and mods can and can't say, or do. Perhaps rules against editing posts for no reason, or a list of unaccetable words. I don't really no, but I do know that there should be a vote to ratify it. What do you think?

J

J79

Ok there is only one thing to do that makes me more of a man, I appologize for saying the race thing. I know it does sound racist but I should have used a different choice of words. No im not just saying this for the hell of it, I do mean it. I do not lie unless its to cover my ass, so here I am I am sorry to the members. But I am not sorry to mole. Again if I offended any members i am sorry, and dont judge me about the dog thing, that was a mistake on my behalf! Sorry again.. And no appology for mole!

Jeff

F

flavio

Jeffy, you started this crap. It's not the first time either. You are being a troll. There's no other way to look at it.

You wanted to stir up some shit and you did.

Feel better now?

R

Rich

Errrr ummm yeah!!! This guy has already been warned. I suggest HWC ban every new handle he can dream up so at least he will be forever a junior member.

Rich

------------------
Done.
Press any key to continue . . .

Mole

Mole

Seeing Mole
Just want to make clear that the ban stuff is not my oppinion.

I don't think anybody should be banned. I've never requested anybody to get banned during my entire time as a mod. People come and go and it isn't really worth the hassle of banning.

In fact, I think I've never sent any e-mails to the admins during my stay as a mod. At least nothing related to users and stuff like that.

OneEng

OneEng

Speculator Extraordinaire
Mole,
You have been out of line in the past. You have let personal feelings get the best of you. The role of moderator must always keep a distance between himself/herself and the threads being moderated. You acted unprofessionally.

That having been said, there have certainly been provocation’s against you that I would not have tolerated; however, warnings could have been produced discretely via e-mail to the indiscriminant parties, or they could have been privately banned without your loosing your professional posture.

In an open forum such as this there are always going to be a few immature personalities......the moderator should not be one of them.

I

IdBuRnS

Regardless of how immature a member is it is not the place of a moderator to stoop down to that member's level and commit the same (for lack of a better word) "crime". The job of a moderator is to remove threads and posts that are objectionable because they reflect poorly on HardwareCentral. Their job is not to perpetuate things by creating these posts themselves. They are supposed to set a higher standard that the rest of us are to live up to if we want to participate in this forum. There is no room for moderators that don't have the maturity to be the better person and walk away from a flame war. I think Mole reflects poorly on HardwareCentral and the other Moderators of this site. If I was a first time user then I would be completely turned off due to the fact that Mole would represent the group of Moderators as immature and not worthy of the title that they hold.
I am not taking J79's side in this matter so don't think I am. Mole could have been more responsible and taken administrative action (This is the kind of thing you have administrative action for isn't it?) and given him his warnings and finally banned him if it came to that.

------------------
When all else fails stick a fan on it.

[This message has been edited by IdBuRnS (edited 05-05-2000).]

Associates