I am going to tell you why Q 3 is better than UT

S

sin2

Because I've noticed that even the best player on UT can get killed by me with 6 rockets coming at him.

In Q3, you can really distinguish the damn best players to mediocre ones.

I think .5 Life is even better than UT.

S

starsky

i tend to agree...UT is an alright game, but some of the alternate fires need to be removed, like the rockets and grenades. Firing 5 rockets at someone takes no skill.

A

Adrenelin

Ahhhhhhhh you all agree !. I can complete q3 on nightmare and i'm telling you that needs some skill. UT is sooooooooooooo simple even on godlike with your eyes half open. quake 3 requires skill and tactic for example look at the weapons factory mod, pure teamwork !

------------------
"The More I Discover The Lesser I Know"

Adrenelin, a.d. 2000

A

AthlonOverclocker

Yeah Q3 takes some skill, especially trying to complete it on Hardcore or Nightmare, I done it, but it was hard!!!!! UT is no challange on godlike (sort of!
)

------------------
Athlon [email protected],Abit Ka7, 128mb PC100, 12mb Voodoo 2, 17" Sony Monitor, SB Live.
Check Out: www.selective-auto.co.uk

D

dmm

Linda's verbal backstop
I hate them both. Both have excellent online gameplay, but there is NO GAME otherwise. $50 for what is an add on in other real games.

And all this to run around watching everybody jump up and down like a bunch of fairies.

Dave

D

dimme

I can't say UT is a bad game, I like it, but I can say that Q3 requires more skill than UT.

------------------
Never mind the dog, beware of the owner.

HWC FORCE3D ICQ AL= 57497564

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
I don't know why we have to choose?, buy them both as they do different things better. I like Q3 for the speed smoothness/Graphics (Engine) and giggle factor
. I like UT for it's many varied gameplay options and the fact that for me (on my current ISP) runs much better online.

D

dimme

Originally posted by BladeRunner:
I don't know why we have to choose?, buy them both as they do different things better. I like Q3 for the speed smoothness/Graphics (Engine) and giggle factor
. I like UT for it's many varied gameplay options and the fact that for me (on my current ISP) runs much better online.

I couldn't have said it better

------------------
Never mind the dog, beware of the owner.

HWC FORCE3D ICQ AL= 57497564

N

np6122

Quake takes skill??? Bullshit!! The game sucks, enspeically the single player. Wow, the graphics are nice, thats it. Its a load of crap, quake sucks. Unreal Tournament is so much better, its more fun, and I think you need just as much skill for UT than for Quake. Also, the multiplayer is better.

B

big jim57

Funny how people that suck at UT always say that...but to each his own. I like UT better. It requires just as much skill as Quake and I like UT's maps better. Plus I have a V3 3000 and glide is so smooth.

A

AthlonOverclocker

np6122, Q3 is much more challenging than UT, UT's easy, even with the bots on Godlike, try beating the Q3 bots on Nightmare, that's alot harder, and you dont get unfair advantages like be in able to fire 6 rockets at someone.
That's my opinion anyway!, and i own both and the only one still installed isn't UT.

------------------
Athlon [email protected],Abit Ka7, 128mb PC100, 12mb Voodoo 2, 17" Sony Monitor, SB Live.

A

AthlonOverclocker

np6122, Q3 is much more challenging than UT, UT's easy, even with the bots on Godlike, try beating the Q3 bots on Nightmare, that's alot harder, and you dont get unfair advantages like be in able to fire 6 rockets at someone.
That's my opinion anyway!, and i own both and the only one still installed isn't UT.

------------------

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
They both take skill, (and a reasonable Ping), if you want to be best, I don't consider myself as a UT king by any standards but it depends who you play. I won in Codex of Wisdom 30 fraggs and no deaths. with 5 other players, next nearest was 8 fraggs..... next game someone said lets all kill "Bladet" and I died a lot

After that I was convincing myself I was getting pretty good, but went on later and got my butt serverly kicked......

Even better, I won the other day with an 857ping..... that upset the other players

Q3 in Nitemare mode is hard and the bots Cheat which is really annoying

C

coolguy867

actually, shooting at UT with six rockets does take skill, especially on uneven grounds. you hafta hit right on their feet to get a bigger blast radius. you can't just mad shoot at them cuz if you hit them right on, it doesn't hurt them as much sometimes. also, you always have a chance of living through 6 rockets as long as you have health, maybe not the same as 1 or 2 rockets, but it's all the skill. for example, if someone shoots 6 rockets at your feet and try to sweep you, you can jump, you'll get launched into the air with not that much damage, plus, you have the advantage of the birds eye view of the player, plus you can load rockets. all you hafta do is slam couple rockets down on them. there may not be as much obvious skill in UT with 6 rockets, but you'll learn it as you play more and more. also, more about the 6 rockets thing. if you're on a brawl 1 on 1 in an arena or big room, you have the option of 6 rockets or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. it all depends on your skill on which you can choose. sure 6 rockets will hurt much more and do some serious harm, but what if you don't have much health? you don't have time to load up rockets and dodge cuz the other person will get to you eventually. instead, choose 1 or 2 rockets to put little damage on the other person. it'll knock them off balence if you keep hitting them a little and they'll lose a little aim. therefore, you have more time to live, and you'll have a chance. more than 6. however, if you have alot of health, you can spare a little time and load 6 rockets and hope to sweep them. you'll hit them no matter what with 6 rockets unless you suck ass, it depends on how much you hit them, which depends on your skill.

my main point is that it depends on quick thinking, time to live, and awareness of your life and the skill of the other players to determine how many rockets you'll whip out. if the game could automatically load you up with 6 rockets automatically, then sure as hell anyone would use that on a 1 on 1 fight. but loading up 6 rockets in the real world takes time, and time is sometimes what you don't have because of health or skill of the other player. it takes skill to know what you're supposed to do and what would be smart, stupid, etc. these kinds of skill come after only playing for a really long time and how much you pay attention to the experiences that you have while you're playing in almost any situation, low health, low ammo, different skill levels of other players, the map itself, etc. and if you think that anyone can win a game even if they suck, then you can play someone that you think sucks, then play me and you'll surely see the difference. |ronin|an_azian