How to install a new AGP card?

Hello all. I am planning on buying my first 3d card, and I still havent decided whether to buy the voodoo3 2000 or Guillemot Xentor 16 MB. However, both are AGP, and i have an AGP slot on my mobo. Since I have never installed a 3d card, how would i go about getting rid of the old 1 MB card i have and all of its drivers and installing and ensuring proper usage of my 2d/3d card. Thanks for all your input.

honesly i would just reinstall everything but that is me and i mostly have games and not important stuff like tax records on my computer.....and i would suggest the voodoo3 card in this case because if you are going for the Nvidia cards you need to go all out...TNT2 Ultra.....otherwise voodoo3 is the best........

which ever new card you choose will come with simple installation instructions to follow, and the voodoo 3 even has a short video clip to watch if you feel you have to. installing a new video card is very simple in most cases, but should something go wrong, just contact the cards support number.

Just make sure that AGP is "enabled" in your bios settings...some M/B's need you to do that...