How to dismantle / take apart Toshiba notebooks. Guide with pictures.

C

cj2600

Toolbox said:
Wow! I really need this but the laptop I am trying to dismantle a Portege M100 because I spilled wine on my keyboard and now some of the keys are shorted out and are actively pressed. Other than that, it still works fine.

How did you do this? Anyway, I'm going to go through this thread properly and see if I can get tips from the other laptops you already have a guide for.

Cheers and thank you. :)
I haven't seen M100 for a while. I take pictures from all "new" laptops I get for repair. If I see M100, I'll make pics.

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
cj2600 said:
I haven't seen M100 for a while. I take pictures from all "new" laptops I get for repair. If I see M100, I'll make pics.
No worries... I was able to tear apart the M100 using your guide for one of the other laptops.

Thanks so much. :)

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
cj2600... where exactly do yopu work? I just found out that the keyboard of my M100 is broken and I need to replace it. Its funny because I used to live in the Philippines and that's vwhere the keyboard is made.

Check this out: www.mano.com.ph/m100

C

cj2600

Toolbox said:
cj2600... where exactly do yopu work? I just found out that the keyboard of my M100 is broken and I need to replace it. Its funny because I used to live in the Philippines and that's vwhere the keyboard is made.

Check this out: www.mano.com.ph/m100
I work in USA. I just checked Toshiba USA website and they list only one keyboard for Toshiba Portege M100. The part number is P000367200. Try search for this part number on ebay. I guess you can use this one for your laptop made in Philippines.
Good luck.

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Thank you very much for your help on this... I will try and find the keyboard but I know live in Luxembourg so I will try and find a distributor here.

Cheers. :)

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
The M200 and M205 are the same laptop; you can probably change the guide names to match. The M205s are just the fixed-config retail M200s.

Also, speaking from experiences of others, I reckon Step 3 of the LCD removal guide deserves a special mention for how insanely fragile the mask is. :)

Apart from that, nice guides. Saves me from having to experiment on mine. :D

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
How about putting an Index of all the updates in the first post (edit to include new guides). I wanted to check and see if you have the 5205 manual. Knowing how prone I am to overlooking the obvious, I went through the three pages and did not see it.
RSVP

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
You need an index. A link to it in your signature would suffice.

Seeing as the Index is your home page, why not put a link to your home page in your signature?

Last edited:
C

cj2600

Leoslocks said:
You need an index. A link to it in your signature would suffice.

Seeing as the Index is your home page, why not put a link to your home page in your signature?
OK, I'll create a signature.
Thank you.

Associates