How to dismantle / take apart Toshiba notebooks. Guide with pictures.

C

cj2600

Hi all,
I know how hard it is to find a good guide with pictures about laptop disassemble, so I decided to create it myself. If you want to dismantle, repair, upgrade or clean you laptop, my guides might be useful for you.
I already created teardown guides with pictures for the following models:
Toshiba Satellite 1415
Toshiba Satellite 1800
Toshiba Satellite 1805
Toshiba Satellite 2435
Toshiba Satellite M35X
Toshiba Satellite A60/A65
Toshiba Satellite A70/A75
Toshiba Satellite P25
Toshiba Tecra A1
Toshiba Tecra TE2100
Toshiba Tecra 9100
Toshiba Portege 4010
Toshiba Tecra S1

I plan to continue creating new disassembly guides. Stay tuned.
I hope this information is useful for you.

How to Take Apart Toshiba Laptop

Last edited:
animal18

animal18

Rarrrrgh!
You have joined this community, and are always welcome. We work towards the enrichment and support of the people that come here. With the numbers of ADs on the page, it would look, to first blush, that you were trying to drive traffic to the page, since you posted it to no specific question. If this is not the case, then I apologize, and would recommend in the future to post this to one of our "Helpful Links" stickied at the top of the forums, where one of the mods would most likely add it into the list.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A better way of starting out on a new forum would be to put your 'seeker' information in your Signature.

Your discriptions are well made and the pictures are excellent. The thumbnail link to larger images is well done. The P25 page makes me not want to tear one down.
It would be a shame if people needing this information could not find it.

C

cj2600

Hey guys, if you don't like my post take it out.
Admin, can you erase this thread please?

Just in case, I'll put here what people in other forums say about my guides:

Thank you very much cj2600 I was looking for ages for this information (Toshiba PDF) but after you work, the search is over....

Many thanks, cj2600! Now I was able to clean up all the vents and the CPU heatsink of my A65.
Keep the good work.

cj2600 - Great work on the teradown guides! I now see I have come at my Satellite 1415 totally from the wrong direction...literally. Thanks man.

Awesome cj2600, thanks for doing the P25!!!!!!

the site is really gettin' along well... hope you have one for my notebook!

Yo, that is some nice work. I've spent my fair share of hours disassembling who knows how many laptops, pain in the a** (I'm very clumsy with screws). You sir, are a humanitarian.

very veyr veyr very nice!!

now create for more brands! woot woot!

I have hundreds more.

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

Noone has a problem with your site, but if you want to join the forum say hello first before you start advertising for free ;)
And Leoslocks gave you a very good advise on how you could still announce your site, for free and get much more favorable response, by saying hello :D

BTW what you posted in your last post, looks like Dell comercial :eek:

Justintime

Justintime

Well personally i don't see a problem, well done site. Hes not exactly selling the info and if he wanted to share the info and had no other reason to join than that then whats the problem? :D

C

caffeineOD

great guides, i work on laptops a lot and at times they can be quite annoying to open.

thanks

NOT SPAM the ads arent bad at all

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Ponch said:
I got access to Toshiba's pdfs. Without adds.:D.
PDF files are much more convienient to use. The pictures are quite nice for illustrations of obscure screws and compartments. Using a guitar pick as a pry tool is brilliant.

Danceman posted a link to a site for all kinds of laptop pdf's.

Here

Martin_89

Martin_89

i dont see it as spam and would defo use it if u had to take a toshiba laptop apart, good work :)

U

uart

Leoslocks said:
PDF files are much more convienient to use. The pictures are quite nice for illustrations of obscure screws and compartments. Using a guitar pick as a pry tool is brilliant.

Danceman posted a link to a site for all kinds of laptop pdf's.

Here
Yep and no one called "spam" on Danceman did they. So what's the difference other than this being the guys first post. BTW I see more banner ad sapce on the site linked by Danceman than on the one made by cj2600 (not that either is really bad, actually they are both very acceptable and non-intrusive with advertising content in my humble opinion).

animal18

animal18

Rarrrrgh!
Minor defense here, and then I'll stay outta this. :)

To me, SPAM is some sort of unrequested information from an unknown source. Information freely given is not always SPAM, but together with an unknown source, makes me instantly suspicious.

The quality of said information is not at issue, just the motivation, and with no post history, I have no idea of the motivation.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Ponch

Ponch

animal18 said:
The quality of said information is not at issue, just the motivation, and with no post history, I have no idea of the motivation.

Just my 2 cents. :D
I'll also add my 2 last cents.
Today I'll show you for free a way to find all computer forums on the internet:
... do a search on "cj2600 toshiba" in yahoo. :D

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Looks fine to me, you guys are right to be wary though - seems very spam like on first appearances.

cj2600, those look like some great guides. Welcome to the forums - if you've not had a chance, please read the AUP, and enjoy your stay!

Nick

P.S. i've cleaned up the thread a little

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Wow! I really need this but the laptop I am trying to dismantle a Portege M100 because I spilled wine on my keyboard and now some of the keys are shorted out and are actively pressed. Other than that, it still works fine.

How did you do this? Anyway, I'm going to go through this thread properly and see if I can get tips from the other laptops you already have a guide for.

Cheers and thank you. :)