How to check if wireing is bad?

fire

fire

computer guy
I have a logitech z540 speakers for my computer, and for the past year or so I cant get the front right speaker to work. I have tryed all the speakers and they work, and all the wires work. So my only guess is the leads on the back of the box are not working so how. Does anyone know of a way to test or some way to get the front right leads on the box to work again?

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
I'm not sure what you're referring to as the "box".

But if you're dealing with the typical miniplugs, these are not a reliable connector. If you can get inside the "box" to look at the female jack, see if the contacts are all touching the plug when it's inserted. Bend them if necessary. See if there are no broken wires if the jack is wired, or broken solder connections if the jack is surface mounted to a circuit board.

fire

fire

computer guy
What I mean by box is my sub unit which has the connectors. There are no female mini jacks.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
It's difficult to suggest what to do without knowing all the interconnections. You say the speakers are both okay. Cross plugging them (left speaker to right output) can confirm that if you haven't already done this. If the amp and crossover are contained within the sub, and you get nothing out of the right channel output even after cross plugging, the next step would have to be disassembly of the sub to check internal connections.
I'm guessing the sub unit is connected to your sound card or board audio output by a cable? Does this have jacks both ends? If so, try a different cable or suspect the female jacks at one end or the other, as per my first post.

fire

fire

computer guy
I have tryed to plug all four speakers and wires into the front right connectors on the back of the sub and I don't get any sound out of it, but the front left and both back left and right work fine. Unfortunately I only have one cable that connects the sub to the main unit that then goes and plugs into the back of my sound card.

I have try ed to take apart the sub, but I cant find a way how to get it apart. I have taken all the screws off from the back of the sub, but the back pleating is still holding. Try ed a quick search of good and nothing on the subject. I have try ed to take off the front grill but I will not move and I don't want to break it. Does anyone have any kind of experience on take a logitech z-560 sub apart?

Last edited:

Associates