How small ?

D

digitaldog

Still here!
Just wondering how small computers are actually going to get, will they be like modern day mobile phones where you need the fingers of an ant to push the tiny buttons or will they be voice controlled micro machines, where do You think technology is heading ?

DD

TaNG

TaNG

Haha,

I reckon one day computers will become just all in one. Well it's kind of gotten to that point with iPhones and Android Phones.

The little tablet device will be our phone, credit card etc like they already are. They will also have a docking station when we get home so you dock it and then the display comes up onto your desktop screen and you use your mouse and keyboard to navigate.

I don't see how it can get any smaller and still be functional though. I already get frustrated as it is sometimes with my phone or maybe I m just getting old.

D

digitaldog

Still here!
Interesting indeed! What I'd like is a voice controlled computer about the size of an iPad2 but with a virtual screen. Perhaps acheived via mini projectors at angles bouncing off mirrors so that the screen size can be varied depending on what you are doing. For instance you could make it large for viewing a DVD/other movie media or shrink it down for everyday applications, not impossible me thinks ? Other uses could be advertising screens requiring far less energy to power etc ;)

Associates