how much does arctic silver help?

d94

d94

What kind of difference is there in heat dissipation between regular thermal grease and arctic silver?

O

ol' man

workin fingas to the bone
Not much difference at all. One will maybe last longer is about it.

I

idiotekniQues

i am no expert but from a variety of reading and posts in various forums AS vs paste/grease does provide a difference of a couple degrees celsius.

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
The consistancy is also quite different. I've applied the el'cheapo stuff and I've also applied Arctic Silver 2 & 5.

The el'cheapo stuff is comparible to whipped cream in a can, which lacks volume. Whilst the Arctic Silver was more like double cream and quite rich.

In my oppinion, the density would account for something.

W

wetling

See my Sig
The only thermal paste I've ever seen that really makes much difference (compared to the generic white stuff) is Shin Etsu.

krupted

krupted

bah! if 3deg is killing your system you have other problems...... or stop trying to make that 1700+ a 3200!

well, some have i guess:(

M

Martin_89

lol i suppose but if i lost 3C it would take my temp from 52C down to 49C whic seems not a bad drop lol.

But then again mabee i should give up trying to make my duron a Barton 3200+ lol :D

K62

K62

Sailor
Martin, I'm just curious, but did you ever try to enable the rest of the cache on your duron? If so how did it go?

M

Martin_89

tryed it and it didnt work i couldnt get it to enable, my duron was a newer one with the laminated coating thing over the top and even after i scrached that off i couldnt get it. but now that you have reminded me i think ill give it another go tomorow as its to late tonight 12:05AM and ive got school tomorow, well acctually today!!

Associates