How many power sockets for Enlight

S

SirKillgore

I have an Enlight 7233 250W casing. I noticed that I only have 4 power sockets for my peripherals excluding the 2 for the floppy. I'm talking abou the plastic 4 pin ones that you connect to hard drives and cdroms. Shouldn't there be more?

S

S_Klass

Only having 4x 12 Volt 4 pin molex plugs on PSUs with 150 - 250 Watt is not all that uncommon. Take note your case may be made by Enlight but your PSU may be a nameless generic. Typically PSUs with 300 - 350 Watts have 6 - 8 connectors. Most 400 Watt PSUs have 8 or more connectors.

------------------
-=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

P

Paragon

Enlight makes their own PSU. the 7237 has a 250 watt PS with 4 regular connectors and 1 floppy and 1 jumper type 5 volt.

S

S_Klass

Okie, Paragon confirmed it then. Well I've bought cases from Enlight that have had HiPro and Powman PSUs in them. Never once have I bought a Enlight case and received a matching Enlight PSU.
Now I get nothing but Enermax PSUs!

It's all your fault Maxout!

------------------

Maxout

Maxout

I can't stop!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

S

SirKillgore

Thanks people for the confirmation. Is that picture posted by Maxout an enermax PSU?

S

S_Klass

I'm starting to think Maxout gets $5 everytime I buy one of those.

------------------

S

SirKillgore

I am going to buy an Enlight 300W PSU soon. How do I tell if it's a genuine Enlight? Thanks.

Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing

Mild Mannered Superhero
I recently built my new Duron machine using an enlight case and supply (250W). I think it is a similar model (2 floppy bays and 4 5.25" bays). I can't check now (my computer's at home - i'm not). The supply is definately an enlgiht one. The model codes match the one that should come with that model case. I too only have 4 4-pin power sockets for perhiperals.

I currently have a Voodoo3 and was thinking of upgrading to a more powerful card. I seen posts here saying that Duron/Tbird systems with too many PCI cards / perhiperals use a lot of power and 300W is recommended. How many is too many?

S

S_Klass

Originally posted by SirKillgore:
How do I tell if it's a genuine Enlight? Thanks.
The best way would be to look at the label on the PSU. See that it matches or is similar to the one you have but states a 300 Watt max output.

Consider the 330 Watt (350 Watt max) Enermax PSU for ~$45 to $49.

------------------

F

fantus

I'm thinking of building my own Duron and overclock it. I've chosen Enlight 7237 as my case. SHould I get it with a 250W or 300W??

S

SirKillgore

fantus,

I strongly suggest you go for a 300W at least. I'm stuck with a 250W which is limiting my overclocking. I agree with S_Klass about a 300W minimum.

A

ambiguous

Yes, 300W is the way to go. If not for the wattage, you definitely could use a few extra molexes

Like this thread says, 4 is not enough.

cheers