How do I inset a Screen Capture

B

bpratt

Not exactly feedback or suggestion but here it is anyway.

I need to know how to insert a screen capture (such as a Sandra or WCPUID display) into a post.

I have PrintKey to capture, crop, and save but how do I get it into the post?

I have tried copy and paste but with no luck.

Thanks, Bill

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, you need an active link to the picture, as you can't upload files like this to the form. Here's an example of the code you insert:

Like so:

------------------
Contributing Editor
HardwareCentral

B

bpratt

VinceF - help. Getting closer but not there. The image is gif (not jpg like in the first several trys).

Thanks, Bill

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The last one looks fine (the GIF without sapces in the name), but I can't seem to load it from @Home. Either the file isn't there or Rogers is down in their member areas.

------------------
Contributing Editor
HardwareCentral

B

bpratt

Oh well.

Does't the fact that the properties box, of the red X icon, shows the image dimensions and file size mean that my HWC entry was correct and that something by that file name was transfered from my server?

The saved image displays correctly in my puter using CompuPic, and the file name displays in the right panel of CuteFTP.

Any more ideas, or checks that I can make?

Appreciate your help guys, Bill

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic

Your last attempt was perfect, except you had "picture1.gif" and on the server it's called "Picture1.gif". Apart from the domain name (eg www.members.home.com), Internet URLs are case sensitive.

[This message has been edited by Tuttle (edited 02-18-2001).]

B

bpratt

Wow, they sure are pickey arn't they?

Now that You got it for me, I notice that it is not very clear (or I have been stareing at the screen too long), what can be done to improve that? Am sending one in jpg to check if it is any better.

B

bpratt

Think I finialy got both the screen shot transfer procedure and the image quality problems solved.

Aparently I still have one problen though, that of text placement in relationship to the image. The words "Another test", with my last image, were placed before the image - not below and to the left.

I assume the text must be placed with tags but I have no idea how to do it.

Get me staightened out on this one and I will try to quit bothering you for awhile. Thanks again, Bill