How about doing something for older members ?

L

Luke-Skywalker

Like give us a name like " Senshei" or "Grasshopper" or even let us have an image tag in or signature space.

People who have been here a long time deserve to be noticed at least.

Mr MODS answering email is an easy thing to do, if you have so much trouble doing so then why dont you get an auto email reply saying i am BUSY and wont get back to you.

D

Duckman

Just plain mean
Luke, I agree with you there, but my problem is: I can't do anything about that particular issue even though I'm a mod. Hopefully Mjarmark or other employees of internet.com will read your message and reply in this thread.

Duckman

------------------
------------------------
Visit my homepage:
Duckman's Wild Page
Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

G

GREGORY

Hey Lucas...

We could all be "Grasshopper's" and you could be that blind Monk that kept making us all look foolish.

What was that monk's name....I forgot.
Maybe he didn't have one?

I am leaving now Master Grasshopper...

L

Luke-Skywalker

Thanks for your replies guys, i did not mean to sound as if i should take preference over anyone else.

Me and my big mouth

D

diablovision

I think it would be cool if we had a bunch of designations that could be assigned...

Over 200 posts: Master
Over 500 posts: Wise Man
Over 1000 posts: Sage
Over 2000 posts: Blabbermouth!

B

BrianH

Something for older members...hmmm, how 'bout a tube of Grecian Formula? Ooops, forgot, it uses high levels of lead which causes brain damage. Alright, hands up, who's already using it?? <

------------------
Life isn't THAT serious...

[This message has been edited by BrianH (edited 03-10-2000).]

M

MoodyBlue

If we implement a post/title scale - someone needs to be on post-spam watch. I hate seeing what always appears to be those last 7 or 8 posts junior members post when they find out they only need 30 to become member. I like a community feeling and open debate, but not posting solely for #'s.

my 2 cents.

J

jopey

so what happens when you hit 5000 posts. are you considered vapor mouth like intel?

------------------
WINDOWS HAS NOT DECTECTED A KEYBOARD PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

Da_man

Da_man

Dementia Patient
Would it be rated by # of posts or would it be by how long a member has been with the BBS? just wondering, cause i only have 200 somthing posts but i've been faithfully reading for over a year now... (i started reading like 4 mo before i joined cause i didn't have net access at home)

i think the Image tag in the signature is a good idea, maby limit the image size though. so us people on Dial-ups don't have to wait a eternity for the page to load. (isn't that why they don't allow image tags in the signature in the first place?)

------------------
Most common use for little handle on the back of an IMac: place to tie the end of the rope thats not tied to the boat.

G

Gammon

JUNIOR MEMBERS we will call them Pee-wee's until they hit thirty posts

Toolbox should be bestowed a special honour of ...let's take a vote on the best name... he will hit four thousand, if he does not go on the four week cruise in the next couple of weeeks.

------------------
Mercury Outboard motors for boats have no after market service.

B

BrianH

Oldie von Mouldie?

Originally posted by Gammon:

Toolbox should be bestowed a special honour of ...let's take a vote on the best name... he will hit four thousand, if he does not go on the four week cruise in the next couple of weeeks.

[/B]

J

Jeffy79

Instead of amount of posts, lets have it so its the amount of time you have been here. This way it will keep people instead of letting them post and post and post just to get higher recognition. For example.

1month=jr. member

and so on up to 1.6+years=guru

Jeff

------------------
"Thats my story and im stickin to it!"

www.weatherdiagnostics.com <-click there

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
That vacation is still in the works and I've already hit 4000... what am I supposed to do now?

Maybe 5000 by the end of the month?

Associates