highest TNT2 core/bus speed settings stable?

F

Forge

I thought it'd be interesting to get a running score board of sorts of what core/ram speeds people are running their TNT2s (stably) at. I've got a CL tnt2 ultra doing 179 core and I was wondering how high people are managing to get theirs, and get an idea of where I should start trying. (I was crashing at 180 core until I realized it was a timing formula thing.. [1,25,1 for 178.98] and [1,126,5 for 180.41] seems that simpler clock formulas are more stable [using tntclk])

------------------
And the beat goes on...

J

Jesse Thompson

I have my viper v770 non ultra running flawlessly at 155/165 with minor modifications... using a pentium heatsink/ fan. of course i also have a small desktop fan blowing into my open case. Right now system environment is only 29° C. Probably could take it further but don't need to yet.

Jes

F

Forge

Well hell, looks when I wrote that. Since then I've owned A GF1 DDR, a GF2 GTS, a V5 AGP, a V5 PCI, a Radeon 64Mb, a Radeon All-In-Wonder, a GF2 Ultra, and a GF3, as soon as they bring out the 256-bit memory version. (The 128bit is no faster than my Ultra, so fsck that).

------------------
And the beat goes on...

Oliy

Oliy

170/198 .. that was before i added ramsinks, but only with a fresh install of windows - with all my registry corruptions at the moment i only go up to about 155/175, and it still crashes! its all in a closed case tho with no other fans, so not bad.

------------------
Everyone makes mistakes.
I create disasters

F

Forge

170/198 is quite respectable. I was getting 175/200 out of Creative card for day to day work, and 185/220 for short benchmarking runs (would hang after 30-45 minutes) with default cooling. Thanks for responding to an old post.

------------------
And the beat goes on...

U

Utini

Lol, kingston, thats near where i used to live (at uni now). Oliy.

------------------
P3 [email protected]
Abit BX133RAID
256mb Crucial PC133 cas2
15" SmileKFC
GeForceII GTS 64mb
IBM 9.1gb 7200rpm 2mb
Pioneer 105s DVD
Plextor W1210A CDWRITER
SBLive Value
WIN TV

F

Forge

Utini - You have plans to replace that monitor? It's kind of crazy to run a P3/933EB on BX133 and 256Mb of ram, plus a GF2 64Mb.... and a 15" monitor...

------------------
And the beat goes on...

Oliy

Oliy

sorry i didnt realise u were using an ultra, mine is a tnt2 vanilla, diamond viper v770.

and yes, kingston. you may say lol.

------------------
Everyone makes mistakes.
I create disasters

F

Forge

Well Dizamn, Oliy. That just catapulted your result from interesting to awe-inspiring. You should really go get a cheap MX though. :p

------------------
And the beat goes on...

R

RobRich

I know this was an old topic, but in regards to the original question posed, I have a Creative Lab's TNT-2 (non-Ultra) currently clocked at 165 core and 249 memory. This card has been modified with a custom engineering reference BIOS and outfitted with high-speed, low-latency SG-RAM. Cooling consists of three ~40mm fans: two on the factory heatsink, one on the backside of the core. Here is an older link with more infomation about this particular card:

http://www.romulus2.com/articles/guides/nvidia/nvidbios1.htm

Catch ya' later,
Robert Richmond

Oliy

Oliy

yeah i think i must have gotten a really good components batch or something

but until i can be bothered to reinstall windows i cant really enjoy it cause windows crashes every, ooh, 30 seconds or so!

------------------
Everyone makes mistakes.
I create disasters

AMD100

AMD100

180 core, 200 memory.. That is the highest m y settings go in the Creative Labs Display Director, I've though about TNTclk.. Dose it work for anyone??

------------------
<<<***My Stuff***>>>
AMD Athlon 650 (SLOT)Thunderbird @ 1.13Ghz{2-Frost 74's Watercooled)
K7Pro W/110 CLKGEN
128mb Stick of Cruital pc-133;222
2, 300w Sparkle PS's
30 gig IBM 66 7200rpm HD
Creative TnT2 Ultra 32mb
Crative 8.4.32 CDRW
Creative 12x DVDRom
Satilite Modem