HELP!! General Protection Fault!!

squall3k

squall3k

Why does unreal and Unreal tournament give me these GPF messages all the time? (could it be because i am using a crack and not the cd?)

glussier

glussier

I move you to the games forum. I can't move you the the crack forum we don't have one.

C

coolguy867

oh yeah, i get those all the time!!! does it make UT shut down and then a big box shows up with a bunch of symbols and words. i think it's probably because of the crack, cuz i have the cracked/warez version of UT.

squall3k

squall3k

yea its what cool guy said but now that i think about it unreal dose it too and i am using a cd for that one. I will see if i can get the address of the fault

N

np6122

I used to get those ALL the time. Not at all anymore, I guess I lucked out. I heard the faults were because of your RAM, iut might be bad, but I think my source was bad. lol

squall3k

squall3k

I dont think its the Ram my brother has diffrent ram then i do and this happens on his PC too

------------------
AMD Forever!!!

squall3k

squall3k

oops forgot i re inserted my ram and i played for an hour yesterday with out any problems

C

coolguy867

i'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be the video card cuz glide (which the voodoo's support) are the most stable for the games that support it. also, i only got the general protection fault once with my voodoo2's on my old computer but i get the fault alot (maybe once every couple times i play)on my new computer. which is running Direct 3D on a GTS2.

what kind of processor are you using?

actually, it would be a good idea to list your's and your brother's total system specs. that could help us determine your problem a little easier.