Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Its here after much waiting :D

Now lets try and keep it this time

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings all, yes we have a lounge again, but strictly on a trial basis. If we make a mess of it, it'll be gone as fast as it appeared.

M

Martin_89

Originally posted by JPNYC
Greetings all, yes we have a lounge again, but strictly on a trial basis. If we make a mess of it, it'll be gone as fast as it appeared.
understood! im sure we can make it work.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
That was mine. I'm well traveled in the online community world. You may now commence pitying me.:D

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Hey Marv,

You beat us all too it :mad:

Yup, after much negotiation with the guys at the top we've got OT back. It's not necessarily on a permanent basis though unless you all behave ;).

Basically, OT got way out of hand last time and it turned into a situation which we cannot afford to have again. So we'll be keeping a heavy hand over the place for a while.

General AUP still applies, so no personal insults, no spam, etc.

But otherwise, here it is - have fun kids!

Nick

M

Martin_89

That was mine. I'm well traveled in the online community world. You may now commence pitying me.:D
you are the best thing that has happened to HWC in a LONG time. you come along and we get OT, a forum update etc et!

EDIT: also i notice there is no post limit for users with over X ammount of posts, is this possible with this version of VB?

Last edited:
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Martin, but I can't claim any credit for the upgrade. That was already planned, my arrival just happened to coincide with it. Also, I'll be 1 of those doing it.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the Central Lounge (or Lounge Central?) is open for business ... many of you know that I earned my avatar during the flaming collapse and resultant closing of Off Topic in mid-2001, but have now been convinced that if any online community can go OT without going juvenile or offensive, it's the smart and savvy denizens of HWC. Have fun, don't even think of making any personal attacks, and stay tuned ... if this trial period works, there'll be a big "Suggest a new avatar for egrevstad" contest.

Thanks for reading,
Eric

M

Martin_89

Thank you Martin, but I can't claim any credit for the upgrade. That was already planned, my arrival just happened to coincide with it. Also, I'll be 1 of those doing it.
ahh cool, but you still got us OT :D

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Well, in light of the Central Lounge opening up, I'll buy the first round of beers...

Let's make this work, shouldn't be to hard...

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Ooh now i get to ask woodman about his favourite films.

After reading youe quote from super troopers i bought it and its now in there with my top 5 :D

W

woodman19_99

Grand Exalted Puba
Originally posted by Marvt74
Ooh now i get to ask woodman about his favourite films.

After reading youe quote from super troopers i bought it and its now in there with my top 5 :D
That one is definitely in my top 5 as well!:D To bad Club Dread was such a big let down. (done by the same people)

Feel free to ask away. I am sure that in no time, there will be a "What's your favorite movie thread" or a variation there of...

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Yeah club dread was poor, though still gotta love kung pow :D

Anyway off this topic till amovie thread begins.

M

Martin_89

anyone seen freddy got fingered, not sure if im just imature or if that really was funny :D

MuFu

MuFu

Seriously, this is scaring me. About 20 post notification e-mails from HWC in the past half hour and there are more members online right now than I have seen for ages. It brings back memories of when this place was really quite busy.

I am going to have to prize myself away from the PC now to go and eat.... quite sad. :D

Associates