Hardwarecentral looks..different

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

:D This place looks so much different now. It looks pretty neat though. :p

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah so do I. I think folks on dialup will love it most though. No need to wait for an extra page to load.

resStealth

resStealth

Diamond Member
true true, ive got cable, used to have dialup, so i know how they feel. lol i remember my hardwarecentral days on dialup...

O

ol' man

workin fingas to the bone
I have only one complaint. I wish they would make these ads bigger------->

I have dual monitors and I would like at least one of them filled with ads all day all the time.

Looks like I am going to have go back to "proxomitron."

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
I don't see a single ad, not even the text-only ads that I got ocassionally with the old version of HWC. One thing that ****s about the new HWC is that Firefox can't store the login password for the site. I've noticed this with sites using the newer versions of vBulletin. I suppose the other option is to make sure that the HWC cookie is saved...

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
The best part about this version of vBulletin is the roll-over preview of a threads. You can just hover the mouse over the title of the thread and read the first few lines of it :D. Only work with threads started since the upgrade though.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Folks, please take all ad-blocking discussions somewhere other than the forum itself. Could be bad for us if certain parties saw it. Thanks.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, this version has lots of advantages, but the biggest one is, we'll do better with search engines. It's much more bot friendly, which means higher rankings, which = more traffic through here.

Binary Dave

Binary Dave

wrathchild_67 said:
I don't see a single ad, not even the text-only ads that I got ocassionally with the old version of HWC. One thing that ****s about the new HWC is that Firefox can't store the login password for the site. I've noticed this with sites using the newer versions of vBulletin. I suppose the other option is to make sure that the HWC cookie is saved...
Mine works fine. Saved my password and enters it for me everytime I visit. Even the new version.

I really like this version of Vbulletin. I been using it over at another forum (a swiss army knife forum) and it is awesome.

:)

Woohoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
deltree_windows

deltree_windows

Computer Newbie
not the first major board upgrade HWC has been through, but likely the smoothest. even better than the y2k rollover. all i had to do here was remember my password

i'll ditto the avatar and user info on the side. text is easier to read in narrow columns as opposed to wide lines (newspapers figured this out long ago) so i dont think anything is lost by 'squishing' the tables side by side. i believe it also becomes easier to follow a conversation by not jumping over too many boxes between posts

edit: wow posting seems much faster as well

Associates