Hard drive/ motherboard problem?

Sir Flannel

Sir Flannel

Resident Curmudgeon
Had a hard drive go south over the weekend. No biggie, I have a spare. Put it in, formatted, reinstalled windows (7), still at the point of doing updates, and now the newer drive is doing the same thing. I find it tough to believe two separate drives (both used, both WD greens, 1tb (old), and 2tb (current). Could my motherboard be giving out? Its an Asus p6t, 7 years old or so.

Sir Flannel

Sir Flannel

Resident Curmudgeon
The drive becomes unreadable. It shows up in BIOS, and it shows up in Window startup, but the drive is not readable. I'm leaning towards motherboard, because now I have the same drive on a different SATA port, and so far, it's ok again. But I'm installing updates 5 at a time for now, just in case (it was "fine" the last time, too)

Technoplume

Technoplume

Yeah I would suspect the bridge has reach it's life limit or the mobo capacitor are giving out. Best option would be to run the Manifacturer tool on a different PC if you have one. And if they pass the test then you know it's the mobo. But it could also be a few other things, like bad update driver, bad ram or PSU. Or has simple has a bad sata cable. In Fact those break a lot in the past on me. Most likely to start with that, pretty cheap to check.

Sir Flannel

Sir Flannel

Resident Curmudgeon
Ok, update. It appears to be back. One of two things fixed it. 1: I tried a different replacement drive and 2: I replaced the CMOS battery. My motherboard is 10 years old, and I had never changed it. I found a websight that listed some problems that a bad battery could cause, and my computer occasionally did one or two of them, so.... I did those things at the same time, so I don't know which one made the difference. Haven't had a chance to do a deep dive on the first replacement drive, I'll try to later. The more you know

petterson

petterson

Hi, this is a big problem but File system errors are caused by the buildup of bad sectors in the hard drive due to logical or physical damage. the writers of dissertation writing service can help you repair the hard drive and may fix the “not responding hard drive” issue.

H

HarmanSingh

Following are some of the common reasons behind this error message: FAT or MFT partitions of the hard drive are corrupted. The external hard drive is infected with a malware or virus. A malware/virus could corrupt the hard drive's partition(s) or data stored on it.

G

Grace Hadid

Your problem pretends to be like partitions has been corrupted. However, there might be a possibility you need to format the hard drive to recover it again.

S

sip1212

Hi, this is a big problem but File system errors are caused by the buildup of bad sectors in the hard drive due to logical or physical damage. the writers ofdissertation writing service can help you repair the hard drive and may fix the “not responding hard drive” issue.
Hi, this is a big problem but File system errors are caused by the buildup of bad sectors in the hard drive due to logical or physical damage. the writers ofdissertation writing service can help you repair the hard drive and may fix the “not responding hard drive” issue.
I agree with you sir..

Associates