Hard Drive Error

K

kevin2000

I have 3 HD's install. One is SCSI and the other two are IDE Maxtor brand. About twice a week when I check the drives for errors it always finds one that says there is an error that causes Windows to report incorrect drive space available. All of the drives are brand new. Any idea why this error keeps showing up?
Thanks.

Shinma

Shinma

First thing to pop to mind would be the memory.

------------------
"I know nothing."
Cheers.

R

Rave

What version of Windows are you using and what file system is it?

I had this problem with Windows XP with my secondary drive, I allowed Windows to fix my problem and I have never seen it again : )

If not, let me know of the above specs, and I'll see what I can think of........

------------------
"Oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

K

kevin2000

I am running Win98SE and all the drives are Fat32. My memory is a new 256 pc133 module.

R

Rave

Hey,

Norton Utilities has a very good disk doctor program that fixes most disk problems.

You can download this from most file sharing programs.... of course it will be hacked, but itis exceptional. The disk frag (SpeedFrag) is much better than Microsoft's version.

------------------
"Oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Shinma

Shinma

Forgot to mention previously,
You can try the Maxtor's Powermax v3.3 available for download to check the HDDs.

------------------
"I know nothing."
Cheers.

A

Anitdaisu

I wonder if there's a virus somewhere on your computer might wanna pick up some antirvirus software for 20 bucks

K

kevin2000

Thanks for everyones replies. I'll try Norton and see if the error keeps appearing. I just downloaded PowerMax3.3 and will give it a shot. As for viruses I have been running Panda antivirus for 3 months, so I don't think that is an issue. I'll post an update later.

K

kevin2000

Well I tried powermax and Norton and they didn't find any errors. So I am back to the drawing board. Thank you for everyone's help.