Half Life worth a purchase???

E

ElfHoe

I've never played half life, but i do have unreal tournament and Q3A. Would it be worth a purchase even after being out for, what, 2 years?

Thanks
-Hoe

------------------
Is this thing on??

L

lutjens

Half-life is probably the best game I have ever purchased. Incredible graphics and realism.

Buy it now and buy it fast (the addon pack too)!!!

You won't be sorry...

J

jdover

get it and tfc, a free online mod for HL. i still love hl. though now i play Opposing Forces more, HL is still worth the 19.99.

S

smith

i can't imagine that it would be too expensive...i think I saw it for $15 at Best Buy.

fx

fx

For sure.......it will keep you busy for hours. This game you wount sit down and finish in one or two nights.

T

tsunami_73

Sorry guys, but IMO Half Life was one of the most over-hyped games ever.

I prefer Q3, UT, DR2, Ground Control, HomeWorld and Tib Sun.

A

Acid Rain

You should definetly get the game. The one player is extensive and the multiplayer is fun. You should also download the counterstrike multiplayer for it.

------------------
Mess with the best
Die like the rest
--Hackers
-Acid Rain

A

Acid Rain

But of course if you want the multiplayer part of it. Nothing beats UT and Q3a.

------------------
Mess with the best
Die like the rest
--Hackers
-Acid Rain

T

tsunami_73

Originally posted by Huge:
Did you finish the game tsunami_73.
No...I got fed up with the part where you have to do stoopid pixel perfect jumps across some big empty room.

slingblade

slingblade

Balding Member
I payed $40 for it shortly after it came out, and I'd pay that much for it even today if I had to. The multiplayer mods for it are far more enjoyable than anything UT or Q3 has to offer, IMHO.

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
I also thought Half-Life was WAY overrated... I LOVED it for the the first hour I played it... but it grew so tiresome and annoying so quickly, that it ranks among the very few games I've ever bought that I didn't finish... it was wonderful out of the gate, but it waned horribly after that...

...in the end, I was just annoyed and dismayed at the juvenile repetitive and predictable nature of it all.

[This message has been edited by Baloneyflaps (edited 08-27-2000).]

T

tsunami_73

Baloneyflaps......unless you're taking the proverbial
, that's two of us. I thought I was the only one

A

Adrenelin

Really Easy even on difficult, me and a freind can each clock in 6 hours with 2 deaths !

------------------
"The More I Discover About Computing The Lesser I Know"

Adrenelin, a.d. 2000