Got new lenses today, now I really feel old.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Got my 1st BiFocal lenses. :eek:

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Had my eyes lasered years ago and the doc did one eye for distance and the other for closer (maybe 3 or 4 feet). Bought me about another 10 years free of reading glasses and still helps now that I'm into that zone. Plus I can use the cheap generic reading glasses.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
No surgery instead?
Clear lens exchange...
Nope, not letting them near me. :D

Had my eyes lasered years ago and the doc did one eye for distance and the other for closer (maybe 3 or 4 feet). Bought me about another 10 years free of reading glasses and still helps now that I'm into that zone. Plus I can use the cheap generic reading glasses.

Sounds good. :)

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

My sons laughed at me when I got bifocals-of course, that was when I was in my low 40's (a very long time ago:(. )

Now I do "the bob", head going up and down, to try to get things into focus. But at least I can read.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
My sons laughed at me when I got bifocals-of course, that was when I was in my low 40's (a very long time ago:(. )

Now I do "the bob", head going up and down, to try to get things into focus. But at least I can read.
They said it will take me a little time to get used to them. :)

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
You think Bifocals are bad:eek:

Not only do I have bifocals (distance and very upclose reading) I have a second pair of glasses for "desktop" work. Meaning when I sit down beind a pc, I have to change glasses.

I've worn reading glasses for 40 years. Five years ago I started needing help with distance. There was no way to get it all in one frame.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
You think Bifocals are bad:eek:

Not only do I have bifocals (distance and very upclose reading) I have a second pair of glasses for "desktop" work. Meaning when I sit down beind a pc, I have to change glasses.

I've worn reading glasses for 40 years. Five years ago I started needing help with distance. There was no way to get it all in one frame.

I have worn glasses for almost all of my life...

The shock was needing Bifocals, then how much they cost. :eek:

Add the eye exam cost to that and then having to pay out of pocket due to not having heath insuance. :eek:

Wasn't expecting all of that at all. :(

Thankfully I didn't need new frames... ;)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
That's all I ever use. Cheap ready specs from a drugstore. The way I mistreat them, break and lose them, it doesn't pay for me to get real glasses.

Associates