Got $450 to spend and looking for best digital camera to buy. OPINIONS?

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
What kind of pictures do you plan on taking?

For example, which would you rather have: a camera that can take very high resolution pictures (4.2 megapixels) or would you rather have a camera with a powerful optical zoom (10x)?

There are a lot nice cameras you can get with a $450 budget, but you're going to have to pick and choose which features are important to you. You likely aren't going to get the 'full meal deal' for $450.

Personally, I'm thinking about getting either an Olympus C-700 or C-2100 because I'll make more use of a good 10 power zoom than the ability to take pictures at resolutions suitable for making poster prints...

------------------
what?

K

Kevin930

I'm thinking about getting the Fuji FinePix 2800. 2.0 million pixels w/ 6X optical Zoom for $330

P

pfoerste

$450 - I would buy an Olympus 510zooom, takes great pictures, and a new 60gb hard drive to store the pictures on.

I have had great service form the Olympus digital cameras purchassed. Take a look at them.

------------------
KT7-R W/800 T-Bird, No Raid, 320MB RAM
IDE3 WD 40GB IDE4WD 20GB
Diamond Viper V550 AGP
Sound Blaster Live
IDE1 Lite-on 24102B
IDE2 52X CDrom
US Robotics 56K Voice
Win98se

W

wetling

See my Sig
I like Canons. I just bought a Powershot A20 and it's pretty nice.

I'd try to find one that takes Compact Flash cards. They're realtively inexpensive and you can get them up to 512MB.

------------------
"What are you, my therapist!?! TAKE A WALK!!!

Interested in more great conversation? Visit JJR512's Board

We'd love to have you on our [email protected] Team.

Associates