'Gold' versions of games ?

D

digitaldog

Still here!
Are Gold versions of games just an attempt by the software writers to make more money or are they genuinely better than the original version of the game ?

Mephisto

Mephisto

If you got the original version, they are mostly not worth the price. Gold versions are sold for 50-55% of the price of the original game in Germany. Usually the have 3-4 extra levels adding to the 15 or so original ones.
If you don't already have the original game,
the are pretty good deals.

D

digitaldog

Still here!
I did wonder if gold editions were just a breathing point between the original game and the full follow up due for later release, this sometimes containing very similar enhancements to that of the gold edition of the game ? This is why I asked about software writers making more money as would it not be better to put the extra levels etc in the next full version of the game instead of releasing a Gold version ?

[This message has been edited by digitaldog (edited 08-19-2000).]

P

Paddy H

Originally posted by digitaldog:
Are Gold versions of games just an attempt by the software writers to make more money or are they genuinely better than the original version of the game ?
I think it is just a second attempt to sell more copy's of the game !
(for those who are stupid anough to think : wow , i didn't like the original , but the GOLD version may be better !)
The gold versions mostly contain the patches and some expasion disks.

Cheers , Patrick

------------------
Ireland live on !

[This message has been edited by Paddy H (edited 08-19-2000).]

Associates