Globalwin or Alpha

M

marmetsofthelands

Ok here's the story i just put together my freinds computer and i told him where to get the stuff and everything and he got a chromeorb fan for his 1.1ghz tbird.
Ok now when he's on it its around 45-50 degrees C and i told him that thats way too much and that i didnt like it and that he should send it back and get a better fan becuz he was gettin heat related lockups even with the case open
so i suggested rather Alpha or Globalwin. Well the Alpha isnt in at ColdCPU and may not be in for a little while but the Globalwin FOP38 is in and i would like to know should i wait for the alpha which is only like $5 more or should i just go ahead and get the Globalwin instaed of waiting?

------------------
Ever seen scent of a woman
Ever seen scent of a woman while overclockin
How is it possible
I wish there was some way
I feel so invincible
I'm the sculpture made of clay
From Clayman by In Flames

[This message has been edited by marmetsofthelands (edited 11-14-2000).]

serb2

serb2

I sugest that you go ahead and get the GLOBAL Win FOP38 its one of the top rated Socket coolers! Anyways its the best Socket cooler curently avalible
Alex D

------------------
WTF?? I am just trying to help OK!

M

marmetsofthelands

well reading over at 2cooltek
the globalwin does pretty good except for sound but thats ok for him he doesnt mind that he's had worse(believe me) it beats the alpha i was looking for but how much does the other alpha cost havent seen a price for it the PEP66 looks nice but how much compared to the FOP38 for $25

------------------
How is it possible
I feel so invincible

M

marmetsofthelands

oh wait me being a dumbass the PEP66 isnt for socket a
ok he's gettin the fop38 i mean it beats the alpha and is cheaper why the not

------------------
How is it possible
I feel so invincible

K

K6-III

The heatsink itself on the Alpha is better. The fan is worse. The ideal combination is the Alpha PAL 6035 w/38cfm Delta, same fan that is found on the FOP38. Both are available at www.2cooltek.com

------------------
Gimme my TriLevel Cache

Todd a

Todd a

Actually the PEP66 will work, but you need to remove the feet on the heatsink (the Athlons already come with the feet). These have a very good advantage, that you can duct them easily to the outside and use an 80-92mm case fan for more airflow without all the noise.

------------------
The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
Happiness is manditory.

serb2

serb2

What Temps should i be expecting with GLOBALWIN FOP38 when i get it wedensday??
Oh yeah if its a noise i dont care my case is cutom moded and has 1x 120MM fan blowing in CHROME ORB(getign replaced) Custom Chipset cooler, 80MM fan blowng out on the back and a 80MM fan in power supply, more fans need to be added later!
Alex D

------------------
WTF?? I am just trying to help OK!

Associates