geforce4 ti 4400 overheating

mbentley

mbentley

poor college student
i think i am having problems with my geforce 4 ti 4400 and heat. i have the original heatsink and cooling fan attached to it. i have 2 case fans (quite powerful, one pulling 84 cfm), a slot card fan sitting 3 slots down from the card. i have my more powerful 84 cfm fan sucking air into the case and my other fan blowing out. the slot fan also blows out as well. according to the utility asus sent with my motherboard, it is about 89 F in the case. what happens is that my screen will just freeze up and i will have to restart the computer. when it restarts, it often has funky characters in vertical lines on the screen. i have already sent 1 identical geforce4 back for a rma thinking the card was bad but this one does it too... it worked fine for a while but now it just started up. any suggestions on any of that?

MuFu

MuFu

Welcome to HWC. :)

Does it just lock up in games, or can it happen at any time? What are your other system specs (particularly the motherboard)?

MuFu.

mbentley

mbentley

poor college student
my system specs

well, it can happen any time. it doesn't even have to be when i am running intense apps or games. i know it's not the drivers because of the crap that happens with my computer goes through its POST stages...

my specs are the following:
winxp pro v.5.01.2600
ie v.6.0.2600
pentium 4 - 2 Ghz w/512k cache
asus p4b266
1.024 gb ram
56x cd-rom
24x10x40x cd-rw
128 mb pny nvidia geforce4 ti 4400
55.8 gb ultra hd @ 7200 rpm

Associates