GeForce2 Ti too hot?

TaNG

TaNG

Hi, I just got a Geforce2 Ti and smartdoctor is reporting it to be at like 50 degrees, around there... when i m just surfing the net and even just idling. Is this wrong? When I put my finger on the back of the GPU it is quite hot, but no where as hot as my old GeforceDDR. But I m still concerned. TIA

C

Cenk

Same here. I am using a GeForce2 Ti card with 64MB DDR (250/400) on Win XP and the temperature increases up to 50 degrees when I just leave the computer on desktop. And when I play some 3d games it goes up to 54 degrees maximum. So it is normal, because there aren't any heatsinks on memory chips.

TaNG

TaNG

I think my just needed a bit of a burn in, now its just idling around the 45 mark, i guess i cant complain with that coz i m dont have any huge ass fans in the computer anyway. but still... would like it a bit lower.

TaNG

TaNG

98SE... Its getting better now, going down to 47 the last time I checked. It doesnt go over 53 so I guess its alright. Whats ur story?

C

Cenk

I am using Windows XP and the card temperature is always minimum at 50 degrees and maximum at 54 degrees.

Minimum degree is 50 and I think it is because of Windows XP's more colorful desktop and complex interface.

What do you think about my temperature Tang?

And also did you attach a new fan into your case? Did you do something to decrease card's temperature?

TaNG

TaNG

Nah I didnt, It just started to drop... I guess 54 is OK, Its not too hot is it?

Associates