GeForce2 MX Question

W

Wynner2

I have a GeForce2 MX in my computer. I used to have a V3 3000. Everytime I install a new game or search for the best drivers it comes up with 3DFX drivers and Glide . I can't figure this out. I deleted all the drivers I used with my V3 3000.

Well all the ones I can think of. When I try to play Diablo II, Q3, STV: Elite Forces, etc.. they recommend using Glide. Even though it's not there. I just found a 3DFX Interactive file in Regedit. Would it be a good idea to delete it??

My games keep crashing when I use OpenGl. Ca anyone help me??

USSVoyager

USSVoyager

Excuse the name
I used to have problems with OpenGL games on the GF2MX, but I upgraded the drivers and it fixed the problem. Maybe you should try this too.

USSVoyager

------------------
Speed is everything - Warp factor 9, Mr. Sulu!

Z

Zakar

Okay, heres what you do.

Enable Windows to see all your files, including hidden, then under the Start Menu, look for 3dfxogl or something like that, actually, just do a search for 3dfx. all your old v3 files for opengl will appear. Delete them all. Problem solved

------------------
http://members.home.net/zachv/Cartman/Cartman.htm

DJ_Keoki

DJ_Keoki

I am the Universe
Yes Wynner, if you no longer have a 3DFX card in your computer, there's not much point in having 3DFX keys in your registry is there? Go ahead and delete it, it shouldn't hurt anything.

------------------
P3 866mhz
256mb RAM
3D Prophet II MX
SB Live! Value
running 6.50 Detonators
and DX8.0
5207 3D Marks @ 1024x768x16

USSVoyager

USSVoyager

Excuse the name
When I said I had OpenGL problems, I didn't mean that it was down to a 3DFX card being in there before - it was just due to iffy NVidia drivers. But, like I said, I upgraded to later drivers and the problems went away.

USSVoyager

------------------
Speed is everything - Warp factor 9, Mr. Sulu!

C

Cyberjunkie2k

Hey Wynner2 , simply uninstall all the drivers the right way by Add/Remove Programs or whatever. and install the latest Detonators (6.50)

W

Wynner2

Has anyone tried Detonator Drivers 6.50 with Windows ME?? I have. WinMe kept refusing to install them saying that they were incompatible. So I bypassed the screen and it took out Windows for a few minutes. I had to go through several crashes and screwed up colors and safe mode.

I finally got rid of 6.50 and went back to 6.31 Now I'm hearing about drivers 7.??. Does anyone know about those??

Associates